Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
phinds said:
Now you're really going old-school. Who wears a watch any more?

Me:

imgp7693_p_k-jpg.jpg
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: jack action, Keith_McClary, BillTre and 2 others
phinds said:
Who wears a watch any more?
I do, but it's not analog. I need a large digital display that includes the day and date (and time in military format). When you're working on a patient (and the Patient Care Report) in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night at the end of a long shift, you need all that info easy to read to put in the PCR...

1631206852066.png

https://www.rei.com/media/d3014785-b04d-44dc-80c3-e9c8cdb6ec5a?size=784x588
 
Wrichik Basu said:

Staff's reaction is priceless.
"Why you think I ghost?? Could a ghost do THIS??" :whack smack whackity-whack whack:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu
phinds said:
Now you're really going old-school. Who wears a watch any more?
They were all but a thing of the past. Now half the engineers at work are wearing new Apple watch phones.

Can you say Dick Tracy?
1631220402492.png
 
Dudes, vinyl is sick. Everyone can look at their vinyl for a clockwise reference.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary
Ivan Seeking said:
That doesn't show the time.

It shows the time you have left.
Assuming that the timer is kept orthogonal to the ground, the top part shows how much time remains on the timer, and the bottom part shows how much time has elapsed ##-## of course, @fresh_42 being a math guy, and knowing the starting conditions and the characteristics of the device, he can tell how much time remains or has elapsed, from a quick glance at either end. :wink:
 
sysprog said:
Assuming that the timer is kept orthogonal to the ground, the top part shows how much time remains on the timer,
The top part shows the time remaining for the wearer.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
The top part shows the time remaining for the wearer.
Couldn't it show how much time remains until, e.g., dinner is fully baked but not burned?
 
sysprog said:
Couldn't it show how much time remains until, e.g., dinner is fully baked but not burned?
You don't want a psychic death watch that tells you how long you have to live? You would rather have a potato report?
 
Ivan Seeking said:
You don't want a psychic death watch that tells you how long you have to live? You would rather have a potato report?
Hey, weren't we discussing @fresh_42's wristwatch? He knows when he started it :wink:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary
The checker at the local store knows I don't drink and asked why I often buy alcohol. "It's for my dates", I replied. "You don't think I'll get anywhere without alcohol do you?"

PS The checker lost it and I heard people behind me in line laughing.
 
Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
The checker at the local store knows I don't drink and asked why I often buy alcohol. "It's for my dates", I replied. "You don't think I'll get anywhere without alcohol do you?"

PS The checker lost it and I heard people behind me in line laughing.
Confused reply: I prefer Checkers to Chess.
 
Dob
phinds said:
too tiny to read
Don't worry, you'll eventually grow up ;). Will check again.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hamiltonian, DrClaude, jack action and 4 others