Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,335 replies · 3M views
main-qimg-2abd440097223d2d72c468d36afc0315-mzj.jpeg
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu, jack action, sysprog and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
George Jones said:
Hard rock farm joke:

George Jones said:
Yes, one has to "bend" the English, but this is part of the fun of the joke.
..., still can't get from "bales" to "haze" through any sort of "bent English"...I fired a "shot in the dark." Some sort of colloquialism?
 
WWGD said:
For what it's worth, neither "Crystal Methodist Church" or "Effing, SC" turns up any results in Google Maps. (drat!)

This inspired me to search for a certain village in Austria. I discovered that it was renamed Fugging this year.
 
Last edited:
jtbell said:
For what it's worth, neither "Crystal Methodist Church" or "Effing, SC" turns up any results in Google Maps. (drat!)

This inspired me to search for a certain village in Austria. I discovered that it was renamed Fugging this year.
Now that you mention it, it wouldn't surprise me if the same was the case with some of the other pics, without my knowledge.
 
Bystander said:
..., still can't get from "bales" to "haze" through any sort of "bent English"...I fired a "shot in the dark." Some sort of colloquialism?
they are bales of "hay" so the "bending" is calling them "hays." And from "hays" to "haze."

EDIT: not that anyone actually calls them "hays." The first time I saw this joke, I didn't get it. The next time, it popped right into my head.

Note, people call them "bales of hay" or just "bales." If you saw a truckload on the road, you'd say, "a truckload of hay."
 
WWGD said:
We then conclude no one found the Effing church.
And don't go to Mandi's party if you're ugly.

Where I live, masks are still mandatory everywhere for ALL unattractive people.
 
berkeman said:
Owie!
Have you seen the British series Crashing, with Phoebe Waller-Bridge?

Season 1, episode 6. YIKES!

I looooooooved her in Fleabag. But some people don't get past the first scene. Both were written and created by, and starred Phoebe Bridge
 
“Why did you become a 747 pilot?”
“To overcome my fear”
“Heights?”
“No."
"What then?"
"Fear of dying alone”
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu and WWGD
Heard at the Zombie Rights march:

"What do we want?"
"Braaaains!"
"When do we want 'em?"
"Braaaains!"
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Ivan Seeking, Bystander, collinsmark and 3 others
Yeah, I felt really bad for the little kid until I read the caption. Sheesh!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu and WWGD
Ibix said:
Heard at the Zombie Rights march:

"What do we want?"
"Braaaains!"
"When do we want 'em?"
"Braaaains!"
 
Golfer: You must be the worst caddy in the world.
Caddy: That would be too much of a coincidence.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Ivan Seeking