Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,335 replies · 3M views
WWGD said:
I like EWF. Like 1,000 people on stage but only 4-5 singing. And catchy tunes with good vibes.
Not my music. If it has to be orchestral sound then I prefer ELO or ELP.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
WWGD said:
Weren't they ultimately one-hit wonders?
Sorry, are you asking if Rock-and-Roll Hall-of-Famers and Best-Selling-Album-of-the-Century-Winners The Eagles were one-hit wonders? :eek:

(Five #1 singles and eighteen top 40 singles)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude, phinds, berkeman and 1 other person
DaveC426913 said:
Sorry, are you asking if Rock-and-Roll Hall-of-Famers and Best-Selling-Album-of-the-Century-Winners The Eagles were one-hit wonders? :eek:

(Five #1 singles and eighteen top 40 singles)
But never quite as good as the Electric Light Porchestra!

If you compare then to the Alan PP, I will say: " Are you Sirius?"
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and DaveC426913
WWGD said:
But never quite as good as the Electric Light Porchestra!

If you compare then to the Alan PP, I will say: " Are you Sirius?"
Truth be told, I'm not much of a fan of The Eagles.

Hotel California is #2 on my "Great Song, But If I Never Hear It Again It Will Be Too Soon" List.
It bows only to Comfortably Numb.
 
DaveC426913 said:
Sorry, are you asking if Rock-and-Roll Hall-of-Famers and Best-Selling-Album-of-the-Century-Winners The Eagles were one-hit wonders? :eek:

(Five #1 singles and eighteen top 40 singles)

I thought that deserved the "OK, Boomer" response. Until this:

DaveC426913 said:
Truth be told, I'm not much of a fan of The Eagles.

Hotel California is #2 on my "Great Song, But If I Never Hear It Again It Will Be Too Soon" List.
It bows only to Comfortably Numb.
Me too. I can listen to "The Pink Floyd" all day long (See Emily Play... Astronomy Domine, ...) but this new-fangled Dark Side of the Moon and everything after, not so much... ha ha Who is the boomer now?
 
fresh_42 said:
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.
They form one of my favorite Porchestras!
 
fresh_42 said:
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.
I often confuse the name with the Alan Parson Project.
 
DaveC426913 said:
Hotel California is #2 on my "Great Song, But If I Never Hear It Again It Will Be Too Soon" List.
It bows only to Comfortably Numb.
Whaaaat? You don't want to ever re-hear Comfortably Numb? Sheesh.

Although,... I admit that, if I play Comfortably Numb, I find it hard to get any work done for the rest of the day.

How do you feel about Child in Time?
 

snowman.jpg
 
jack action said:
That deserves the "OK, Boomer" response. Try the much better Voivoid cover to at least pass as a Gen X. :wink:
I'm not sure it is "much better" but it sure is good. Thanks, I didn't know Voivod before. It takes some confidence to cover Syd Barrett (RIP) like that. Awesome.
 
fresh_42 said:
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.
The whole thing is confusing. I learned CSNY is Crosby , Stills, Nash and Young. It seems like the name of
another cop show based in NY. And it linked to "Our House", which I thought was by Flo' Rida. And it contains
false information, like there's 2 dogs in a yard. A yard is a unit of length.
 
WWGD said:
false information, like there's 2 dogs in a yard. A yard is a unit of length.
No, it's perfectly reasonable --- each of those dogs is half a yard long nose to tail-tip.
 
phinds said:
No, it's perfectly reasonable --- each of those dogs is half a yard long nose to tail-tip.
You measured them too? Good, I'm not the only one. Anything to avoid using the metric system! ;).
 
WWGD said:
Anything to avoid #$%@ metric system. Let me walk 23 dogs-hooves to the store and will be back soon.
We will get you. It is only a matter of time. And we will start with Hawaii. This will be the seed. The islands are inevitably on their way to Kamchatka. And we have the metric system in Kamchatka!
 
Don't forget Alaska!
Sarah Palin can see the Russian metric system from her front pourch.
 
BillTre said:
Don't forget Alaska!
Sarah Palin can see the Russian metric system from her front pourch.
She is currently busy spreading Covid in NYC.
 
fresh_42 said:
She is currently busy spreading Covid in NYC.
With her paws?