Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
jack action said:

Some Native Americans might take issue with Harry's question. :wink:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, jack action and fresh_42
Physics news on Phys.org
phinds said:
We stole America from the native indians and we damn well aren't going to give it back.
But we're giving back some arrowheads and moccasins from museums.
 
phinds said:
Damn right. We stole America from the native indians and we damn well aren't going to give it back. Who is worse, us or the looters of some marble ?
I have seen a documentary today about the Ainu people on Hokkaido. At the point when they came to the arrival of the Japanese, I thought: "So? I assume they destroyed them." Some takes later this had been exactly the message. Their culture and language are basically gone now.

Our species always destroys what they find upon arrival.
 
WWGD said:
Just who today lives in the same place they lived 300 years ago? Displacing others is more the rule than the exception.
I take it you feel that makes it right, and possibly even makes it morally more OK that stealing some marble.
 
phinds said:
I take it you feel that makes it right, and possibly even makes it morally more OK that stealing some marble.
No I don't. Just providing context of a different time with different perspectives.
 
Screenshot_2022-01-26-14-15-11~2.png
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: strangerep and jack action
Too bad the cartoonist missed the opportunity to put something clever in that QR code -- my application doesn't see a valid code...

1643419023145.png
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary and BillTre
_nc_ohc=zJXhhCPl_j0AX-cpJbN&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.jpg


Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said 'We are all just prisoners here, of our own device'
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast.

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
'Relax, ' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman, strangerep and BillTre
Weren't they ultimately one-hit wonders?
fresh_42 said:
View attachment 296259

Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said 'We are all just prisoners here, of our own device'
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast.

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
'Relax, ' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'
 
I guess they were 1-hit wonders. I'm not a music fiend, but I haven't heard of any other of their songs being popular.
 
WWGD said:
I guess they were 1-hit wonders. I'm not a music fiend, but I haven't heard of any other of their songs being popular.
Lyin’ Eyes, New Kid in Town, Heartache Tonight, Take It Easy, ...

But they all sound like a desperate cry for some pain relievers.
 
fresh_42 said:
Lyin’ Eyes, New Kid in Town, Heartache Tonight, Take It Easy, ...

But they all sound like a desperate cry for some pain relievers.
True. Sounds like too much drama for my taste
 
WWGD said:
True. Sounds like too much drama for my taste
I like EWF. Like 1,000 people on stage but only 4-5 singing. And catchy tunes with good vibes.