Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,335 replies · 3M views
WWGD said:
Wow, if I was a conspiracy theorist. My post number was 11,969. Apollo 11, 1969. ( There are much thinner premises behind some conspiracies).
The Illuminatus! trilogy makes much of the presence of the mystic number 5 and and the numbers 2 and 3 that add to 5 in a great many significant dates, times, and events (e.g. JFK was shot on the 22nd in '63). One character eventually points out the con game, that practically any date is significant with such a scheme, and if it isn't then there's always times, street numbers, ages... One of them will contain a magic combination, then conspiracy confirmed!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Keith_McClary said:
Either that, or hunters should have to go into the woods unarmed and naked.
For the record: it was a Canadian sign. Just saying.
 
Amusingly, I originally wrote that JFK was shot on the 23rd, but a quick trip to Wikipedia corrected me. Fortunately, it was in '63, so I was easily able to confirm the conspiracy on either date!

<Dons tinfoil hat>
 
Ibix said:
The Illuminatus! trilogy makes much of the presence of the mystic number 5 and and the numbers 2 and 3 that add to 5 in a great many significant dates, times, and events (e.g. JFK was shot on the 22nd in '63). One character eventually points out the con game, that practically any date is significant with such a scheme, and if it isn't then there's always times, street numbers, ages... One of them will contain a magic combination, then conspiracy confirmed!
You're just scrambling to deny that 63=22*3-3+ 5*0, aren't you? / Sarc
 
1644692935244.png
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, jack action, Bystander and 1 other person
Ibix said:
"Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs; rugby is a thug's game played by gentlemen."
Football players pretend to be injured while fit, and rugby players pretend to be fit while injured.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude, Hamiltonian and jack action
WWGD said:
I gave my seat for an old lady in the bus. Next day I lost my job as a driver.
A joke based on a similar principle:

My grandfather died peacefully in his sleep.

Unlike his passengers.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: jack action, Keith_McClary and fresh_42
University degrees in Egyptology have been found to be a Pyramid Scheme.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Hamiltonian, BillTre, Ibix and 1 other person
True Story:

Phone Interviewer: "And then you will get a call from our Managing Director, Benoit."
Me: "Great, what's his last name?"
Interviewer: "It's long."
Me: "OK, I've got a pen and paper. How do you spell it?"
Interviewer: ...
Interviewer: "L ..."
Me: (writing down 'L') "Uh huh?"
Interviewer: "O ..."(And, yes I got the job anyway.)
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: mfb, Hamiltonian, Ibix and 6 others
When my wife picks up a restaurant I don't like, I just say "Oh yeah, that's where that really cute girl works."

Problem solved.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD, BillTre, Wrichik Basu and 3 others
jack action said:
When my wife picks up a restaurant I don't like, I just say "Oh yeah, that's where that really cute girl works."

Problem solved.
Reminds me of the old saw about solving a problem using a regex: now you have two problems...
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: sysprog, jack action, Borg and 2 others
A rabbit walked into a bar and ordered a pint and a cheese toastie. He quickly finished the food and nursed his pint for a bit until, still feeling a bit peckish, he ordered a mushroom toastie. He finished it and his pint and left.

A week later he came back in again and ordered a pint. The barman barely recognised him because he looked terrible, swollen and with a cough.

"Are you OK mate?" he asked.

"It's having the different toasties last week," answered the rabbit. "I should have known better. This is just from mixin' m'toasties."
 
Shortly after a British Airways flight had reached its cruising altitude, the captain announced:

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your Captain. Welcome to Flight 293, non-stop from London Heathrow to Toronto. The weather ahead is good, so we should have a smooth uneventful flight. So sit back, relax, and ... OH, MY GOD!"

Silence followed!

Some moments later the captain came back on the intercom:

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm sorry if I scared you. While I was talking to you, a flight attendant accidentally spilled a cup of hot coffee in my lap. You should see the front of my pants!"

One Irish passenger yelled ...

"For @#*#* sake ... you should see the back of mine!"
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: artis, BillTre, Keith_McClary and 5 others