Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,334 replies · 3M views
Orodruin said:
What is the contour integral around North America?

Zero. The Poles are in Europe.
Wrong. According to Wikipedia there are approximately 9.15m poles in the US.

[But,... hmm,... if one identifies as a pole in the US, does one still get a residue?]
 
Physics news on Phys.org
strangerep said:
Wrong. According to Wikipedia there are approximately 9.15m poles in the US.
Dang it. It would seem there are no simple Poles.
 
Orodruin said:
Dang it. It would seem there are no simple Poles.
At least, it can be said that poles in the west are stable.
 
Considering most probably came by air and the level of aeronautical engineering required to build one … at least most Poles got there by being in a very complex plane.
 
fresh_42 said:
That doesn't work in our languages.
But it otherwise rings Abel.*

*And so did Quasimodo.
 
Last edited:
Man ... all this talk about continuous symmetries generated by a vector field is Killing me ...
 
fresh_42 said:
That's a Lie.
Let's face it: That one was a bit derivative.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude and fresh_42
fresh_42 said:
Det var Noethervändig.
It seems the nerdiness of this thread does not Poisson commute with the Hamiltonian.
 
Picked up a hitch-hiker.
Seemed like a nice guy.

After a few miles, he asked me if I wasn't afraid that he might be a serial killer?

I told him that the odds of two serial killers being in the same car were extremely unlikely.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Wrichik Basu, Ibix and 4 others
Melbourne Guy said:
Picked up a hitch-hiker.
Seemed like a nice guy.

After a few miles, he asked me if I wasn't afraid that he might be a serial killer?

I told him that the odds of two serial killers being in the same car were extremely unlikely.
Oooo … the gambler’s fallacy.
 
Been a strange day.
First, I found a hat full of money.
Then I was chased by an angry man with a guitar.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, pinball1970, Wrichik Basu and 3 others
Orodruin said:
Oooo … the gambler’s fallacy.
I wonder what the odds actually are, @Orodruin?

The Murder Accountability Project estimates there are 2,100 unidentified serial killers in the U.S.

And the Bureau of Transportation Statistics puts the number of driven miles for "Light duty vehicle, short wheel-base" vehicles (I'm assuming these are 'cars') in 2020 at 1,896,549 million.

I can't find any official stats for hitch-hikers being picked up, though, just anecdotal incidents.

So, I'd imagine it is possible to derive a likelihood of a serial killer picking up a serial killer, but I doubt it would be robust!
 
Melbourne Guy said:
So, I'd imagine it is possible to derive a likelihood of a serial killer picking up a serial killer, but I doubt it would be robust!
The point is that the probability that the person being picked up being a serial killer does not depend on the driver being a serial killer or not.
 
road-runner.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, DennisN, WWGD and 7 others
Wait! I think my code went too far. :oldtongue:
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Wrichik Basu and phinds
fresh_42 said:
while !(meepmeep) {wait()};
fall();
That last line should be "observe_fall()"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: David Lewis and Wrichik Basu
I just came across this eerily prescient movie poster from 1969:

EB19690530REVIEWS905300301AR.jpg