Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
_nc_ohc=vwXH_xyxdhQAX8M0WEc&_nc_ht=scontent-ham3-1.jpg
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD, pinball1970, strangerep and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
gmax137 said:
I'm not sure what this means.

a firm hold; a tight grasp or clasp
an effective form of control over something
a part or attachment by which something is held in the hand

I think "grip" also means influenza in German

either way, I'm lost in translation!
Apologies.
This means trying to understand something in this context.

“I need to get to grips with this new system.”

To get a grip of oneself means to pull oneself together. A little bit vague, calm down relax and control yourself.
The Stranglers did a great track called “Get a grip on yourself,” 1977
I read the lyrics but I don’t think they would illuminate anything, not sure I understand them.
Rock and roll is cool but don’t expect to make money?
 
Orodruin said:
Technically depicting the singular of the noun but point taken 😁
Does oysteralia count? (... duck and cover)
 
  • Love
  • Skeptical
Likes   Reactions: Bystander and phinds
Heard in Spanish class in Ottawa:
- I feel I am not learning correctly.
- Me too. I Can nada!
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, BillTre and LCSphysicist
pinball1970 said:
Apologies.
This means trying to understand something in this context.

“I need to get to grips with this new system.”

To get a grip of oneself means to pull oneself together. A little bit vague, calm down relax and control yourself.
The Stranglers did a great track called “Get a grip on yourself,” 1977
I read the lyrics but I don’t think they would illuminate anything, not sure I understand them.
Rock and roll is cool but don’t expect to make money?
Maybe related is the Eagles' line " Get Over it"?
 
WWGD said:
There's even more depth to it. As can be seen, He He He did get some reactions. This is, clearly, depicting triple alpha fusion process. We'll leave it as an exercise for the students to calculate the conditions necessary for 10.3k such reactions to occur within 8 hours.
 
Orodruin said:
There must be more …
Hungary:
man-hungry-angery-plate-utensils-eating-diet-nutrition.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD, Ibix and fresh_42