Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
I think they've lost all of their marbles already.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude, DennisN, pinball1970 and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
For city dwellers:
20220827_223611.jpg
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, DennisN and pinball1970
Hamiltonian said:
That's still floating around the internet? It is generally not true in my experience as having been a Swedish kid. What would be normal Swedish behavior would have been to ask if the friend wanted to have dinner and call their parents to ask permission to stay for dinner.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mfb, DennisN and Borg
Got to agree with that. It sounds more like an American trait than a European one.
 
Orodruin said:
That's still floating around the internet? It is generally not true in my experience as having been a Swedish kid. What would be normal Swedish behavior would have been to ask if the friend wanted to have dinner and call their parents to ask permission to stay for dinner.
Yes same in UK, if I had a friend over, my mum rang his mum for quick discussion then if we got a green light everyone got fed.
 
no comment said:
"Dram" is also used as a measure of the powder charge in a shotgun shell, representing the equivalent of black powder in drams avoirdupois.
 
fresh_42 said:
Instaounce would have been the better choice.
Also a short I think.

"Hobbs was fond of his dram."

Monty python
 
pinball1970 said:
I think that's the best word I have heard in a long time.
'meatbird.'

Brilliant
Tastes like chicken ##\dots##
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action, BillTre and phinds
pinball1970 said:
I think that's the best word I have heard in a long time.
'meatbird.'

Brilliant
Meatbird is the meatword.