Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
Vets have to dispose of their ... droppings, too.
Also would explain the price.

On topic:

An epic end-of-the-world story:

"Begone!" said the solipsist.
 
Can confirm, I did 3.5 years in Munich as a postdoc. It is the only time I have been told my face looked green. (Combining a couple of Maßkrug with one of those human centrifuge theme park rides wrecks havoc on your sense of balance …)
 
Social media would have been a bad idea a while ago.
 
Attachments
  • FB_IMG_1663571917696.jpg
    FB_IMG_1663571917696.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 140
jack action said:
Bread is like the sun: it rises in the yeast and sets in the waist.
:headbang:
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and Bystander
When a man says he'd do
anything for a woman
he means he'd stop bullets
and kill dragons,
not clean the basement
and wash dishes.​
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu, DrClaude and strangerep
My own creation. (Did I post this already?)

There once was a man from Felicity
Who trusted his wife implicitly
But when he told her so
She rebuked him "No longer so!
For now you have spake it explicitly!"
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu, Ibix and berkeman
This is actually not a joke, but it just happened that the "escape" button on my keyboard "escaped" the keyboard due to a stronger than usual push upon it.
 
Took me a couple of beats to get this one:

"I had the strangest dream last night," a man was telling his psychiatrist.

"I saw my mother, but when she turned around to look at me, I noticed that she had your face. You can imagine, I found this very disturbing, and in fact, I woke up immediately, and couldn't get back to sleep. I just lay there in bed waiting for morning to come, and then I got up, drank a Coke, and came right over here for my appointment. I thought you could help me explain the meaning of this strange dream."

The psychiatrist was silent for a full minute before responding: "A Coke? You call that a breakfast?"
 
  • Informative
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action and dextercioby
My daughter is taking part in an experiment. She has to wear the Seahawks jersey for two weeks to find out how people react to it. She was spat on, beaten and mobbed. I wonder what will happen when she leaves the house.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: sophiecentaur, DrClaude, dextercioby and 5 others
What do you call someone who emigrates from a certain Balkan country to the capital of New York state?

An Albanian Albanian.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Borg, dextercioby and phinds
dextercioby said:
The lamest part of the joke has to be the grammar.View attachment 314448
A contest where the winner is a loser?

ILLOGICAL! CANNOT COMPUTE!

(Computer* explodes in a puff of logic.)

*In case you're not familiar with this new-fangled concept of computer, it's a large box covered with flashing lights, spinning tape spools, paper tape readers and teletypes, and talks like a dalek.
 
DrGreg said:
A contest where the winner is a loser?
If there are only two contestants in such a contest, who is the winner?
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Ibix and BillTre
DrGreg said:
A contest where the winner is a loser?

ILLOGICAL! CANNOT COMPUTE!
kuruman said:
If there are only two contestants in such a contest, who is the winner?

Reminds one of Russel's barber paradox.