Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,097
Try this old man:davenn said:too small to read the text![]()
- 13,926
- 16,803
Reminds me of a character in a Terry Pratchett novel who was searching for the Fountain of Youth, but is next seen in the afterlife. It turned out that he did find the Fountain of Youth, but didn't think to boil the water...DaveC426913 said:
- 13,926
- 16,803
I feel vindicated in my love of dad jokes because I discovered that Curt Smith apparently does them. And he's a rock star, so they must be cool, right?davenn said:
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Totally unrelated but, following your link, I found out that Roland Orzabal went from this:Ibix said:I feel vindicated in my love of dad jokes because I discovered that Curt Smith apparently does them. And he's a rock star, so they must be cool, right?
Damn, I'm old!
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,097
Classic D&D gaff:Ibix said:Reminds me of a character in a Terry Pratchett novel who was searching for the Fountain of Youth, but is next seen in the afterlife. It turned out that he did find the Fountain of Youth, but didn't think to boil the water...
Party: :finds pool of water:
Halfling: :drinks from pool:
Halfling: :immediately dies from poisoned water:
Druid: :curses Halfling for being impulsive:
Druid: :casts 'raise dead' spell on Halfling:
Halfling: :comes back to life:
Halfling: :immediately dies from poisoned water in stomach:
Druid: :curses loudly:
Druid: :casts purify water on Halfling:
Druid: :casts 'raise dead' spell on Halfling:
Druid: :cuffs Halfling upside head for making him waste all his spells:
Admin
- 69,782
- 25,629
davenn said:
"Um, Dad, don't you need a Joist Finder for that? Or are you a Joist and not a Stud?"
https://www.mycarpentry.com/image-files/ceiling-joists-with-beam-and-hangers.jpg
- 19,385
- 15,622
Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House in D.C.; one from New Jersey, another from Tennessee and the third, from Florida. They go with a White House official to examine the fence.
The Florida contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. "Well", he says, "I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me."
The Tennessee contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, "I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me."
The New Jersey contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers, "$2,700."
The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?"
The New Jersey contractor whispers back, "$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire the guy from Tennessee to fix the fence."
"Done!" replies the government official.
The Florida contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. "Well", he says, "I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me."
The Tennessee contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, "I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me."
The New Jersey contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers, "$2,700."
The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?"
The New Jersey contractor whispers back, "$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire the guy from Tennessee to fix the fence."
"Done!" replies the government official.
- 20,819
- 28,467
It should get nuked for its beard, not for politics. I imagine this joke exists in countless languages.berkeman said:I enjoyed the joke, but it may get nuked for political reasons. Doh!
Even "White House" isn't unique:
Moscow:
Bucharest:
- 19,385
- 15,622
Why? Corruption is non-partisan / bipartisanberkeman said:I enjoyed the joke, but it may get nuked for political reasons. Doh!

Admin
- 69,782
- 25,629
Why did you pick the White House, and those three states in particular? Are you Russian maybe?phinds said:Why? Corruption is non-partisan / bipartisan![]()
Oh crap, the humor could be fun, but this subthread needs to be deleted before we all get into trouble. Let's all repost this on our Twitter feeds, and this thread will self-distruct in 90 seconds... 90, 89, 88..
- 20,819
- 28,467
I read an article yesterday titled "Times Americans Proved They Were Clueless". It was hilarious, however, I didn't dare to post it here. After that, I read an interview with Rick Steves about Americans in Germany. That was funny, too.
Admin
- 69,782
- 25,629
Hey, I was an American in Germany, but I was only 4 y/o. Although I did go back for a conference a couple years ago...fresh_42 said:After that, I read an interview with Rick Steves about Americans in Germany. That was funny, too.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Americans in Germany aren't exotic. I checked an old (2017) data sheet and found 250 Americans are registered in my hometown alone. It's rather more than less now. Germany became quite attractive to Americans a couple of years ago.berkeman said:Hey, I was an American in Germany, but I was only 4 y/o. Although I did go back for a conference a couple years ago...
- 20,819
- 28,467
As residents, not as tourists. All have to.berkeman said:We, we, need to register? Rhut-rho...
Edit: The police want to know where to send the tickets to.
Edit edit: I let you know if I will face the fee if you don't ...
Last edited:
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 19,385
- 15,622
An oldie but goodie.
pinball1970
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 3,877
- 6,212
It's more of a horsey thing?martinbn said:
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 20,819
- 28,467
DennisN
Gold Member
- 2,197
- 10,329
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 22,832
- 14,880
- 13,926
- 16,803
That's... honest. Where's it from? "An Unvarnished Introduction to the Immutable Laws of Physics"?Orodruin said:
- 16,097
- 9,306
Something that Wile E. Coyote knows too well.Orodruin said:
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8