Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,341 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
I'll never forget the look on the cashier's face when she scanned the packet of bird seeds, and I asked her how long does it take for the birds to grow once I planted them.
- 20,819
- 28,467
And how long did it take? Asking for a friend ...jack action said:I'll never forget the look on the cashier's face when she scanned the packet of bird seeds, and I asked her how long does it take for the birds to grow once I planted them.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
ohwilleke
Gold Member
- 2,695
- 1,669
256bits
Gold Member
- 4,284
- 2,297
As always the one who did the most work gets no attention.WWGD said:A kind of stale one:
Everyone talks about Newton's Law, but Cole's law is more important.
What's Cole's Law?
Thinly-sliced cabbage
Apologies , my phone doesn't give me the option of hiding text
Slaw is not even mentioned in the testbooks.
( I have added the half explanation just in case someone does not get your joke and appreciate it to the full extent to which it deserves )
- 13,926
- 16,805
According to QI, ptarmigan is spelt that way in English because it was incorrectly assumed to be Greek so a silent-in-English P was added at the beginning, similar to words like pterodactyl. But it's Scots Gaelic (tàmachan, IIRC) and never had a p that we could choose not to say.jtbell said:
- 20,819
- 28,467
And here is our brand-new one-way-hammer:
- 20,819
- 28,467
And you say that Germans were complicated. We call them snowchickens.Ibix said:According to QI, ptarmigan is spelt that way in English because it was incorrectly assumed to be Greek so a silent-in-English P was added at the beginning, similar to words like pterodactyl. But it's Scots Gaelic (tàmachan, IIRC) and never had a p that we could choose not to say.
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Yeah, Germans are not complicated. To name something, they just state the definition of it and remove all spaces: Bam! You have a new word!fresh_42 said:And you say that Germans were complicated. We call them snowchickens.
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Ah, the lady from the coffee shop!ohwilleke said:
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
- 13,926
- 16,805
Inspired by @DennisN's recent purchases...
I bought a camouflage jacket the other day, and now I can't find it.
Also, this photo:
http://photonshouse.com/photo/a2/a2dc9bc8436a92f7defc030734096572.jpg
I bought a camouflage jacket the other day, and now I can't find it.
Also, this photo:
http://photonshouse.com/photo/a2/a2dc9bc8436a92f7defc030734096572.jpg
Last edited:
- 20,819
- 28,467
DennisN
Gold Member
- 2,197
- 10,329
Ibix said:Inspired by @DennisN's recent purchases...
I bought a camouflage jacket the other day, and now I can't find it.
Also, this photo:
http://photonshouse.com/photo/a2/a2dc9bc8436a92f7defc030734096572.jpg
Some more:
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,480
- 2,231
A similar joke:Ibix said:I bought a camouflage jacket the other day, and now I can't find it.
My friend needed to change his identity so I lent him money for plastic surgery.
Now I can't get my money back because I don't know what he looks like.
Swamp Thing
- 1,076
- 844
Interesting that the next human's pronoun is "it".dextercioby said:(image)
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 20,819
- 28,467
Good advice!
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8