Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,334 replies · 3M views
_nc_ohc=D9wYFBnSmpEAX8gNm4D&_nc_ht=scontent-fra3-1.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, Grelbr42, BillTre and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
BillTre said:
Oh, The Horror!
Yes. And there is still the ethical problem of whether the seeds count as pregnancy!
 
  • Haha
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and phinds
Well, I don't know what to say. It's probably best to comment with 'no comment':

_nc_ohc=5UPm_69K8OMAX_aIaYs&_nc_ht=scontent-fra3-1.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, DennisN, Grelbr42 and 6 others
  1. Go to a drive-through.
  2. Say: "I'm sorry but I'm blind. Can you read the menu to me?"
  3. See how long they will read before realizing you cannot drive if you are blind.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu, Borg, BillTre and 3 others
jack action said:
See how long they will read before realizing you cannot drive if you are blind.
My boss (from quite a ways back) was legally blind and had a special drivers licence.
None of his cones worked, just the rods, so he could see B&W to the sides but nothing in the middle where it's all cones. He could read the computer screen if he put his face about 10 cm from it and wiggled his eyes, so I bet he'd not be able to read the drive-through menu from the car.

Another talent of his: National champion of bench-rest rifle shooting, the most accurate form of marksmanship. I guess passable eyesight wasn't particularly necessary.

All true.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and Bystander
Halc said:
My boss (from quite a ways back) was legally blind and had a special drivers licence.
None of his cones worked, just the rods, so he could see B&W to the sides but nothing in the middle where it's all cones. He could read the computer screen if he put his face about 10 cm from it and wiggled his eyes, so I bet he'd not be able to read the drive-through menu from the car.
I had a philosophy prof like that. He had a custom device for his laptop that let him read the screen. Not without some effort.

He was also able to write on the blackboard, but had to do some interesting things to read his own writing. He even was able to do a passable drawing of certain things to illustrate certain concepts. He drew a passable "duck rabbit" in class one day.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure...rspective-dependent-reversible_fig2_271842692
 
fresh_42 said:
ohc-dkbvjxdltjcax8eqsef-_nc_ht-scontent-fra5-2-jpg.jpg
That's missing the 2020 version of someone even fatter lounging (in their nightwear) on a couch pointing a single finger at a tiny smartphone.
 
DrGreg said:
That's missing the 2020 version of someone even fatter lounging (in their nightwear) on a couch pointing a single finger at a tiny smartphone.
Hey! I resemble that remark.

-Dan
 
Ibix said:
Black Velvet is apparently a Canadian whiskey, so I'd lean towards Canada.
Produced in Lethbridge, here in Alberta. It's cheap and awful.
 
After much careful research it has been discovered that the artist Vincent Van Gogh had many relatives. Among them were:

His obnoxious brother, Please Gogh
His dizzy aunt, Verti Gogh
The brother who ate prunes, Gotta Gogh
The brother who worked at a convenience store, Stop n’ Gogh
The grandfather from Yugoslavia, U Gogh
The brother who bleached his clothes white, Hue Gogh
The cousin from Illinois, Chica Gogh
His magician uncle, Wherediddy Gogh
His Mexican cousin, Amee Gogh
The Mexican cousin’s American half brother, Grin Gogh
The nephew who drove a stage coach, Wellsfar Gogh
The constipated uncle, Cant Gogh
The ballroom dancing aunt, Tan Gogh
The bird lover uncle, Flamin Gogh
His nephew psychoanalyst, E Gogh
The fruit loving cousin, Man Gogh
An aunt who taught positive thinking, Wayto Gogh
The little bouncy nephew, Poe Gogh
A sister who loved disco, Go Gogh
His Italian uncle, Day Gogh
And his niece who travels the country in a van, Winnie Bay Gogh
 
  • Love
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: WWGD, Bystander and BillTre
I might have posted this one before at some time, but I want to post it again
because I think it's so funny :smile::

To Mock A Killingbird.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Grelbr42, WWGD and BillTre