Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,334 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 20,819
- 28,467
Science Advisor
- 3,766
- 2,215
I sympathize. Are/were your migraines of the Scintillating Scotoma (aura) type, or "just" ordinary thumping?topsquark said:I was getting 6 migraines a week, 12 to 14 hour duration. I had to take a dose of ibuprofen at the first sign of pain, then again every four hours because if it wore off I was done for. (I really hated the days I woke up with one.)
I eventually figured out mine were due to long colon syndrome (compounded by a poorly programmed medulla that was getting completely flummoxed about what it should do).

Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 9,747
- 11,967
fresh_42 said:
I bet ya, there's a coyote under that mess
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 9,747
- 11,967
WWGD said:
on that theme ....
5 rules to finding the perfect wife/marriage
1) find a woman who can make you laugh
2) find a woman who can cook
3) find a woman that can really listen to you
4) find a woman who is amazing in bed
5) and this is the most important one ....
make sure these 4 women dont find out about each other
- 19,385
- 15,622
- 2,020
- 843
Sounds nasty!strangerep said:I sympathize. Are/were your migraines of the Scintillating Scotoma (aura) type, or "just" ordinary thumping?
I eventually figured out mine were due to long colon syndrome (compounded by a poorly programmed medulla that was getting completely flummoxed about what it should do).![]()
They were called "atypical migraines." (Which I was told, oddly enough, are actually the most common form of migraine.) I was fortunate in that, because you don't get the auras. And somehow or another they were also linked to a muscle tension headache. I can't really explain it... I have a "kink" in my neck, similar to what you would get from whiplash (maybe I did have that at some point.) The exact mechanism is a mystery, but the best guess is that the muscles in my neck would start to clench, the muscle tension headache would start, then the migraine would set in. So, no auras, just a wall of pain.
The only "good" thing about them is that, if I'm still long enough, the pain essentially goes away. So I managed to get my Master's degree because I could sit there and study and carefully work on paper or even type while I had a headache. But the moment I made a major body movement, bam! There I went again.
-Dan
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 20,819
- 28,467
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 9,747
- 11,967
On their way to get married, a young Catholic couple was involved in a fatal car accident.
The couple found themselves sitting outside the Pearly Gates waiting for St. Peter to process them into Heaven.
While waiting they began to wonder; could they possibly get married in Heaven?
When St. Peter arrived, they asked him if they could get married in Heaven.
St. Peter said,
"I don't know. This is the first time anyone has asked. Let me go find out," and he left.
The couple sat and waited for an answer... for a couple of months.
While they waited, they discussed the pros and cons. If they were allowed to get married in Heaven, should they get married, what with the eternal aspect of it all?
"What if it doesn't work? Are we stuck in Heaven together forever?"
Yet another month passed before St. Peter finally returned, looking somewhat bedraggled.
"Yes," he informed the couple, "You can get married in Heaven."
"Great!" said the couple.
"But we were just wondering; what if things don't work out? Could we also get a divorce in Heaven?"
St. Peter, red-faced with anger, slammed his clipboard on the ground.
"What's wrong?" asked the frightened couple.
"OH, COME ON!" St. Peter shouted.
"It took me 3 months to find a priest up here! Do you have ANY idea how long it'll take to find a lawyer?!
The couple found themselves sitting outside the Pearly Gates waiting for St. Peter to process them into Heaven.
While waiting they began to wonder; could they possibly get married in Heaven?
When St. Peter arrived, they asked him if they could get married in Heaven.
St. Peter said,
"I don't know. This is the first time anyone has asked. Let me go find out," and he left.
The couple sat and waited for an answer... for a couple of months.
While they waited, they discussed the pros and cons. If they were allowed to get married in Heaven, should they get married, what with the eternal aspect of it all?
"What if it doesn't work? Are we stuck in Heaven together forever?"
Yet another month passed before St. Peter finally returned, looking somewhat bedraggled.
"Yes," he informed the couple, "You can get married in Heaven."
"Great!" said the couple.
"But we were just wondering; what if things don't work out? Could we also get a divorce in Heaven?"
St. Peter, red-faced with anger, slammed his clipboard on the ground.
"What's wrong?" asked the frightened couple.
"OH, COME ON!" St. Peter shouted.
"It took me 3 months to find a priest up here! Do you have ANY idea how long it'll take to find a lawyer?!
- 20,819
- 28,467
Last edited:
- 20,819
- 28,467
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8
