Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
JT Smith said:
What is that?
topsquark said:
Now I feel old!

-Dan

LOL yup,

Youngin's these days, will never know the thrill of a duster whizzing by their ear and
banging into the wall behind ya 😂
Mr Riddell was the teacher classic for that in standard 5, roughly year 5. i would have
been 10 or 11 yrs old
 
I remember blackboard erasers but the ones in my school days were black.

eraser.jpg


That photo above looked like it could be larger. A bench? Or maybe a kitchen scrubber.Are blackboards gone from public schools?
 
JT Smith said:
That photo above looked like it could be larger. A bench? Or maybe a kitchen scrubber.

naaa fitted into the hand nicely. :smile:

JT Smith said:
Are blackboards gone from public schools?

Dunno, havent been into a classroom since doing my geology degree in the 1990's

I would assume many/most have changed to whiteboards these days
 
davenn said:
naaa fitted into the hand nicely. :smile:
Dunno, havent been into a classroom since doing my geology degree in the 1990's

I would assume many/most have changed to whiteboards these days
Wow, somehow I ran into yet another one with erasers
Screenshot_20231213_160536_Samsung Internet.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, DennisN, dextercioby and 2 others
Bear Grylls:
Screenshot_20231213_155357_Samsung Internet.jpg
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and Wrichik Basu
    • A blonde walks into a bank in New York City and asks for the loan officer.

    • She says she's going to Europe on business for two weeks and needs to borrow $5,000.

    • The bank officer says the bank will need some kind of security for the loan, so the blonde hands over the keys to a new Rolls Royce.

    • The car is parked on the street in front of the bank; she has the title, and everything checks out.

    • The bank agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan.

    • The bank's president and its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the blonde for using a $250,000 Rolls as collateral against a $5,000 loan.

    • An employee of the bank then drives the Rolls into the bank's underground garage and parks it there.

    • Two weeks later, the blonde returns and repays the $5,000 and the interest, which comes to $15.41.

    • The loan officer says, "Miss, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely; but we are a little puzzled. We checked you out and found that you are a multimillionaire. What puzzles us is - why would you bother to borrow $5,000?"

    • The blond replies....."Where else in New York City can I park my car for two weeks for only $15.41 and expect it to be there when I return?
 
  • Like
  • Love
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, Wrichik Basu, Ibix and 4 others
256bits said:
Concrete Mix - why take it out of the bag - just extra work.
Saves making a form.
 
jtbell said:
"Let's eat, Grandma!"

"With ketchup, mustard or mayo?"
I have a copy of "Eats, shoots, and leaves" somewhere, which is a book about the importance of punctuation. The title is from a joke about a panda shooting up a restaurant after reading an article about panda diet that had commas it shouldn't have.
 
Ibix said:
I have a copy of "Eats, shoots, and leaves" somewhere, which is a book about the importance of punctuation. The title is from a joke about a panda shooting up a restaurant after reading an article about panda diet that had commas it shouldn't have.
I guess " explosive sniffing dogs" is another example. I hope to never see a sniffing dog explode.
 
Ibix said:
"Eats, shoots, and leaves"

I remember that title, although I've never seen the book. I didn't remember the specific joke, so I made up one about a koala that plays basketball.
 
Ibix said:
I have a copy of "Eats, shoots, and leaves" somewhere, which is a book about the importance of punctuation. The title is from a joke about a panda shooting up a restaurant after reading an article about panda diet that had commas it shouldn't have.
In Swedish it is very common to make new words by concatenation. There is basically a religion for complaining when people don’t do it correctly. For example ”mörk hårig sjuk sköterska” instead of ”mörkhårig sjuksköterska”. (”Dark hairy sick caretaker” instead of ”dark-haired nurse”)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN and Ibix
Orodruin said:
In Swedish it is very common to make new words by concatenation. There is basically a religion for complaining when people don’t do it correctly. For example ”mörk hårig sjuk sköterska” instead of ”mörkhårig sjuksköterska”. (”Dark hairy sick caretaker” instead of ”dark-haired nurse”)
How do you Tex-in the Umlaut and the degree( for lack of better terms)?
 
WWGD said:
How do you Tex-in the Umlaut and the degree( for lack of better terms)?
Correct encoding and using the åäö buttons on the keyboard. If not a LaTeX umlaut is \” and å is \aa.
 
Orodruin said:
Correct encoding and using the åäö buttons on the keyboard. If not a LaTeX umlaut is \” and å is \aa.
Or, if all else fails, google "a with circle over it" and cut and paste.
 
My new snowblower causes cancer in California:
Cancer.jpg

And then compare to my first snowblower: pre-EPA, leaded fuel, and oil burning.
 
davenn said:
I have more Questions .....

View attachment 337189

I remember seeing solidified cement bags near former construction sites that were apparently exposed to rain by mistake and then discarded. Maybe these people just decided to use these rain cured bags rather than let them go to waste?