Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 13,926
- 16,803
That's a-llama-ing.WWGD said:
Halc
Gold Member
- 465
- 388
The initial comment I had was that 'resistance is futile'.nsaspook said:
I mean, if the killers offered no resistance, then the two on the bottom left will short out the load, and the two on the right would not be currently killing. (or not killing current?)
If the killers do offer resistance, then what's the point of the surplus resistor in either circuit?
And it's not strictly parallel either. One per line please. Jokes should get it right.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
I always imagine what it would be like to make a similar such call and reach the wrong number: " Oh, apologies. Then tell your neighbor, I will kill him".WWGD said:
- 20,819
- 28,467
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
- 3,212
- 3,841
I had a friend in high school who would dial random numbers from pay phones. When someone picked up, he would say, "This is your last chance. If you don't come up with the money, you'll never see her again. You know where and when, and remember, no cops!" And then he hung up.WWGD said:I always imagine what it would be like to make a similar such call and reach the wrong number: " Oh, apologies. Then tell your neighbor, I will kill him".
Science Advisor
- 1,567
- 5,225
It's a superconducting resistor so we have killers with super-powers.Halc said:The initial comment I had was that 'resistance is futile'.
I mean, if the killers offered no resistance, then the two on the bottom left will short out the load, and the two on the right would not be currently killing. (or not killing current?)
If the killers do offer resistance, then what's the point of the surplus resistor in either circuit?
And it's not strictly parallel either. One per line please. Jokes should get it right.
- 22,832
- 14,880
- 20,819
- 28,467
My ex texted me "Wish you were here!"
She always does this when she walks through the cemetery.
She always does this when she walks through the cemetery.
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 13,926
- 16,803
I heard of someone who got back to her desk to find a note asking her to call Jill Withergee at a company they did business with. She rang the company and asked for Jill Withergee, but got "no-one of that name here". After a bit of back-and-forth she eventually realised the message had been left by Gill, who spelt her name with a G.fresh_42 said:
Last edited:
- 20,819
- 28,467
Guess that's why our "doughnuts" are spheres and not tori:
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Tori Spelling: T , o, r, i.I.fresh_42 said:
Homer Simpson: D'Oh nuts.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
There was this prank show where the person starring, dressed in a trench coat and dark glasses, would sit in occupied benches at public parks , utter a cheesy cold war phrase to the person in the bench, like "Winter Started Early in Moscow this year" , and slide a manila envelope supposedly filled with secret documents across the bench. Upon seeing the quizzical look of the other person at the bench, he'd say " You're not black bear? Excuse me, I got the wrong person." I wish I could remember the name of the show.gmax137 said:I had a friend in high school who would dial random numbers from pay phones. When someone picked up, he would say, "This is your last chance. If you don't come up with the money, you'll never see her again. You know where and when, and remember, no cops!" And then he hung up.
- 22,832
- 14,880
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 3,447
- 3,740
Orodruin said:
Here's a link to the original SMBC comic, since it's hard to read on PF w/ PF's image size restrictions.
Source: https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/2015-01-25
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8