Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
DaveC426913 said:
Insert BASIC on Commodore PET for me.
Wow. That must've been before my time. My first computer was an MSX Toshiba HX-22. I was 12. All my friends had C64s. I had only crap games so I had to do things myself. I made it draw the Mandelbrot set. It took it 2 days calculating a million pixels but my screen was an ordinary TV so it didn't look so impressive when it was done. I still have a picture of it. :P

It's a scary thought already being a nerd at that age. Not that I ever lacked social skills though. But damn that was a challenge. I've done it since in C++ and that was a piece of cake compared.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
1711602471336.png
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, Ibix, Filip Larsen and 7 others
Third Kirchhoff Law: If the wire exerts smoke, the amperage in the wire is too large.
Fourth Kirchhoff Law: If wire catches fire, amperage is far too much for this wire.
Fifth Kirchhoff Law: If the wire explodes, amperage was even more than in the case of the 4.th Law.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Ibix and DennisN
nsaspook said:
Third Kirchhoff Law: If the wire exerts smoke, the amperage in the wire is too large.
Fourth Kirchhoff Law: If wire catches fire, amperage is far too much for this wire.
Fifth Kirchhoff Law: If the wire explodes, amperage was even more than in the case of the 4.th Law.

I used to teach an Intro to Computer Engineering Lab class. It was common practice at the time caution the students to be careful when wiring up the power rails to their 7400 series chips, else the chips' "magic smoke" would escape.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix, DennisN and topsquark
Reminds me of the instructions for use of a nautical sounding bob.

For use in shallow waters.
Deploy sounding bob at bow. Lower until it touches bottom. Note depth.
Repeat.
If sounding bob touches bottom sooner, you are approaching shallow water, slow and alter course.
If sounding bob bounces, turn immediately.
 
Nitpick: shouldn't that be "Saint Erwin"?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, DrClaude, BillTre and 1 other person
Wasn't the cat presumed to have been put in the box alive?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jtbell and DennisN
Have you heard about the new weight loss drug for farm animals?

It's called Ozempig.
 
collinsmark said:
I used to teach an Intro to Computer Engineering Lab class. It was common practice at the time caution the students to be careful when wiring up the power rails to their 7400 series chips, else the chips' "magic smoke" would escape.
I was once trying to work out why a circuit wasn't working. Then I noticed the LED glowing. Then I remembered that it was not a light emitting diode and rapidly deduced that might be related to the problem.

(The diode was across a relay and supposed to short reverse current when the relay switched, but I'd wired it back to front and it simply shorted out the relay, which was why it had over-heated slightly.)
 
Toilet brush 1.jpg


The second one is in German (my translation below):

Toilet brush 2.jpg


Toilet brush instructions:

1. Completely wrong
2. Wrong
3. Almost correct
4. Correct
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: docnet, jtbell, collinsmark and 3 others
Swamp Thing said:
Decolonization (/diːˌkɑː.lə.nəˈzeɪ.ʃən/) : A type of radical surgical procedure.
Technically colonectomy 😏

Swamp Thing said:
Viral meme channel : Social media influenza
Are we sure it is not bacterial? 😛
 
Swamp Thing said:
If it had been, we would have called it a bacterial meme.
Would require some antimemeotics
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, nuuskur and Swamp Thing
Orodruin said:
Swamp Thing said:
Viral meme channel : Social media influenza

Are we sure it is not bacterial?
Yea, bacteria are easier to kill off.
 
DennisN said:
The second one is in German (my translation below):
As I'm sure you know, Swedish and Finnish also have agglutinative tendencies. :wink: I used to have a railroad timetable book which had a section labeled Valtionrautateiden henkilöliikenne / Persontrafik på statsjärnvägarna.
 
jtbell said:
As I'm sure you know, Swedish and Finnish also have agglutinative tendencies. :wink: I used to have a railroad timetable book which had a section labeled Valtionrautateiden henkilöliikenne / Persontrafik på statsjärnvägarna.
Why use two words when you can glue them together so one will do?
 
jtbell said:
Swedish and Finnish also have agglutinative tendencies.
As I understand it, the Danish word "Speciallægepraksisplanlægningsstabiliseringsperiode" with a a length of 51 got an official entry in Guinness Book of Records in 1993 (I haven't checked though).