Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,334 replies · 3M views
May I introduce you all to the proper chemical name of titin? 😏
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN and topsquark
Physics news on Phys.org
1711906822159.png
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD, nuuskur, DennisN and 3 others
Ibix said:
Why use two words when you can glue them together so one will do?
Is that what the issue is, or is it just that space characters are extremely expensive?
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, gmax137 and Ibix
DaveC426913 said:
Is that what the issue is, or is it just that space characters are extremely expensive?

When the scientific community started using zebrafish (rather than zebra fish) for the research animal, one of the arguments was made that "zebrafish" was a better choice because it saved on a space character.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix and DaveC426913
DaveC426913 said:
Is that what the issue is, or is it just that space characters are extremely expensive?
I have noticed a tendency now for people who communicate in text, to talk like a machine gun or teletype, without spaces between words. At some point, they will need to breathe.

I think crosswords will be our saving grace. They require words be in the dictionary, and be of sensible length.
 
Elon Musk, starting his first board meeting after acquiring Twitter:
"Ok guys, first things first... I'm going to rename the platform. It's going to be called 'X, Formerly Twitter' ".
 
jack action said:

Here's a true story, rather than a lame joke, although it could be both.

I know this Welshman that regularly wore around his favorite T-Shirt that said, "Whale Oil Beef Hooked."

(A couple of my favorite jokes came from him.)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and DaveC426913
collinsmark said:
Here's a true story, rather than a lame joke, although it could be both.

I know this Welshman that regularly wore around his favorite T-Shirt that said, "Whale Oil Beef Hooked."

(A couple of my favorite jokes came from him.)
I first heard this phrase coming out of my (straightlaced, prudish) father's mouth at family dinner while my (even more straightlaced, prudish) mother's eyes shot poisoned-dagger looks at him. Traumatized us all.
 
DaveC426913 said:
I first heard this phrase coming out of my (straightlaced, prudish) father's mouth at family dinner while my (even more straightlaced, prudish) mother's eyes shot poisoned-dagger looks at him. Traumatized us all.

That's where the "if looks could kill...." came from hahahaha
 
davenn said:
That's where the "if looks could kill...." came from hahahaha
That made me look up this: