Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,334 replies · 3M views
The calculus professor on ocw.mit was explaining the reason why it's important to be sure that a function is an indeterminate form before applying a certain limit rule involving derivatives. He closed the lecture with a word of advice:

"You should always look before you L'hop"
 
Physics news on Phys.org
QuarkCharmer said:
The calculus professor on ocw.mit was explaining the reason why it's important to be sure that a function is an indeterminate form before applying a certain limit rule involving derivatives. He closed the lecture with a word of advice:

"You should always look before you L'hop"

cute

but isn't that "O" sound the strong vowel sound...like "hope"? >_< unless prof burger was just saying it wrong
 
HeLiXe said:
but isn't that "O" sound the strong vowel sound...like "hope"?
That's so nerd. :-p
 
HeLiXe said:
cute

but isn't that "O" sound the strong vowel sound...like "hope"? >_< unless prof burger was just saying it wrong

You are correct. However, that is a true story. Somewhere in the single variable calculus video lectures he says that, pronouncing it "Lop".
 
QuarkCharmer said:
You are correct.

-_- I guess the world will be ending sooner than we all expected :-p
 
How can you tell if a scientist has been locked in your
refrigerator?

You know the old joke about how you can tell if an elephant has been locked
in your refrigerator?
(There are footprints in the butter)

Well... how can you tell if a mathematician has been locked in your
refrigerator?
(If the walls are covered with equations and the coffee is all gone)

If a quantum physicist has been locked in your refrigerator?
(All of a sudden you are uncertain if the milk is there or not)

If a developmental biologist has been locked in your refrigerator?
(All the eggs have hatched into some really strange looking chicks)

If a bacteriologist has been locked in your refrigerator?
(There are those little red biohazard stickers on everything)

If a geneticist has been locked in your refrigerator?
(All the yeasts and bacteria genomes have been sequenced and their phylum
mapped on the walls)

If a molecular geneticist has been locked in your refrigerator?
(A cross between a chicken and an eggplant walks out)

If a materials scientist has been locked in your refrigerator?
(You can now spread the butter only one molecule thick and there is no way
to cut the cheese without a focused ion beam)

If an immunologist has been locked in your refrigerator
(There is a patent pending and a new drug entering Phase I clinical trials
based on the grey-green stuff growing on the leftovers)

A computer scientist has been locked in your refrigerator?
(The refrigerator now uses four times the power and has to be restarted
every other time you open the door)

If a modern plant scientist has been locked in your refrigerator?
(All the vegetables look perfect, last forever and taste like nothing)

If an environmental scientist has been locked in your fridge?
(All the spills have been catalogued and there is a treatise on global
warming half written in soy-sauce-based ink on the door)

If a M.Sc. student has been locked in your refrigerator?
(All the food is gone except for the healthy stuff)

If a postdoc has been locked in your refrigerator?
(All the food is gone and the shelves licked clean)
 
Drakkith said:
Neither do I Dave.

I hear Dave has the number of a good joke tutor..:biggrin:
 
While creating wives, God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world.And then God made the Earth round...
 
Lame Science Jokes

I don't know about everyone else here, but I'm a sucker for the lame science jokes or puns.

eg.

hydrogen atom 1 said
"I think I've lost an electron"

Hydrogen atom 2 replied
"are you sure?"

hydrogen atom 1 said
"yes, I am positive"

Hydrogen atom 2 replied
"well then, you better keep an ion them"


Anyone willing to share some science jokes? :biggrin:
 


miniradman:

Great P-Chem joke, but I think it would have been a bit stronger had it stopped with the line: "Yes, I am positive!"***

Anyways, I have a few scientific daffynitions:

GI Tract: Real Estate term for an army base.

Expansion Joint: Honkey-tonk with an addition attached.

Carbon Ring: Organized coal thieves.

Dark Flow: Diarrhea (Sorry 'bout that!)

***

I have a few more, but i can't think of them right now.
 
Man, organic chemistry is hard. Because everytime I do it, I have Alkynes of trouble :biggrin:
 
miniradman said:
Man, organic chemistry is hard. Because everytime I do it, I have Alkynes of trouble :biggrin:

Hey, I took my last vacation in the Isles of Langerhans! :smile:
 
BadBrain said:
Hey, I took my last vacation in the Isles of Langerhans! :smile:
AHAHAHA! nice...

A super conductor walks into a bar. The barman tells him to get out, the super conductor leaves without any resistance. :biggrin:
 
miniradman said:
AHAHAHA! nice...

A super conductor walks into a bar. The barman tells him to get out, the super conductor leaves without any resistance. :biggrin:

Actually, a superior conductor would leave the bar with minimal resistance, whereas only a PERFECT conductor would leave the bar without any resistance.

***

Anyways, a teenaged girl spent a weekend with both her pairs of grandparents. Each grandparent presented her with the pair of blue denim trousers they had worn at Woodstock. The young lady gratefully realized that she had received one-quarter of her jeans from each of her grandparents!
 


BadBrain said:
miniradman:

Great P-Chem joke, but I think it would have been a bit stronger had it stopped with the line: "Yes, I am positive!"
I'd heard that one before a lot. I'd never heard minirfadman's spin on it.
 


BadBrain said:
I have a few more, but i can't think of them right now.
Yeah, I would share some more. But all the good ones... argon :-p
 
[PLAIN]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1858/rabbitshadow.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
IMP said:
[PLAIN]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1858/rabbitshadow.jpg[/QUOTE]

I can do a pretty good dinosaur face, complete with an eye that looks around.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Lancelot59 said:
I can do a pretty good dinosaur face, complete with an eye that looks around.

Wait... what dinosaur has a silhouette with a distinguishable eye?

[PLAIN]http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_439/1253797759RnO7js.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
FlexGunship said:
Wait... what dinosaur has a silhouette with a distinguishable eye?

[PLAIN]http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_439/1253797759RnO7js.jpg[/QUOTE]

Not a silhouette. It's a face with a mouth and an eye.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[PLAIN]http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/memes-all-your-base-are-belong-to-us.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
lisab said:
[PLAIN]http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/memes-all-your-base-are-belong-to-us.jpg[/quote]lol!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I love chemistry cat! A few more for you courtesy of Memetracker on Huffington Post (the first one is from Tumblr).

[PLAIN]http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsgvh9qjSz1qj4buio1_400.jpg
slide_37258_316949_large.jpg

slide_37258_316928_large.jpg

slide_37258_316970_large.jpg

slide_37258_316951_large.jpg

slide_37258_316955_large.jpg

slide_37258_316964_large.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
lisab said:
[PLAIN]http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/memes-all-your-base-are-belong-to-us.jpg[/QUOTE]

:smile::smile::smile: omg LOLOL very good 1 lisab!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ibix said:
What's the SI unit of beauty? The milli-Helen (mH), which is the amount of beauty needed to launch exactly one ship.

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
 
Q: How do you know if a leper has sent you a letter?
A: The tongue is still on the envelope.