Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
Hah. Just found the "Laws of infernal dynamics" which is a mockery of Newtons laws of motion in the spirit of Murphy:

  1. An object in motion will be moving in the wrong direction.
  2. An object at rest will be in the wrong place.
  3. The energy required to move an object in the correct direction, or put it in the right place, will be more than you wish to expend but not so much as to make the task impossible.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, edwardII, Ibix and 5 others
Physics news on Phys.org
1754778388095.webp
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dextercioby, edwardII, sbrothy and 3 others
sbrothy said:
Hah. Just found the "Laws of infernal dynamics" which is a mockery of Newtons laws of motion
Reminds me of Fudd's laws of opposition... any one else here remember Firesign Theater?
 
My friend was asked to cite Newton's laws in an exam. He replied: " I'm a Physicist, not a lawyer".
 
swedish.webp


And at least two of them are right here on PF! :cool:
 
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, edwardII, sbrothy and 1 other person
jbriggs444 said:
I would think that a diffuse bomb is something to avoid.
as is asking to guess a woman's age :wink: :wink:

EDIT
Ohhh I just noticed the typo of the person who originally noticed it
I just copied and pasted without checking the spelling
 
jtbell said:
View attachment 364222

And at least two of them are right here on PF! :cool:
Wow! That many? It’s an obscure dialect of Danish. Just FYI. :wink:

It’a the only people I know of eating “glass” (icecream) with pleasure and banana on their pizzas.
 
sbrothy said:
If not photoshopped I bet it's intentional vandalism. Perhaps even a journalist wanting a picture of Spiderman.
It's not very high, so I assume it was vandalism or revenge for being caught.
 
fresh_42 said:
It's not very high, so I assume it was vandalism or revenge for being caught.
Yeah. Also no high buildings in view. It was practically begging for it. :)
 
sbrothy said:
It’s [Swedish] an obscure dialect of Danish. Just FYI. :wink:
I remember reading a long time ago that Danish isn't a language, but a pathological condition of the pharynx. :-p
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's actually more ridiculous than you can imagine. Only 5-6 millions people speak it, and still people less than 400 km apart almost have difficulty understanding each others dialects.
 
fresh_42 said:
I couldn't figure out where she is from; my guess is Norway, but judging by her name, she probably knows what she is talking about.

EDIT: and that's probably not even right. I give up.

It's 1 am here. Gnight.
 
sbrothy said:
EDIT: and that's probably not even right. I give up.

It's 1 am here. Gnight.
Her homepage says
Humoretaten is a sketch show on the TV channel NRK in Norway, released on the 10th of January 2025
Writer: Pernille Haaland
 
Bjarne Stroustrup, the Dane who invented the C++ programming language, has or had a FAQ on his home page, something like this:

Q: How do you pronounce your name?

A: It can be difficult for non-Danish people. The best suggestion I have seen is to say it first a few times in Norwegian, then stuff a potato down your throat and say it again.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, sbrothy, Borg and 1 other person
jtbell said:
I remember reading a long time ago that Danish isn't a language, but a pathological condition of the pharynx. :-p
Or a necessity for many if they're prune Danish.