Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
I was cooking earlier, and my six year old (he's younger than this thread...) wanted me to help him find some toy or other. But the sauce was boiling and the pasta was boiling over so I told him he'd have to look for himself. He asked me why he should look for his own body.

I started to explain that I just meant he needed to do his own searching, but then I noticed the huge grin on his face. So I turned all the rings down to minimum and went and gave him a hug. His first lame joke! I'm so proud! :approve:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude, Silicon Waffle, dkotschessaa and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Ibix said:
I was cooking earlier, and my six year old (he's younger than this thread...) wanted me to help him find some toy or other. But the sauce was boiling and the pasta was boiling over so I told him he'd have to look for himself. He asked me why he should look for his own body.

I started to explain that I just meant he needed to do his own searching, but then I noticed the huge grin on his face. So I turned all the rings down to minimum and went and gave him a hug. His first lame joke! I'm so proud! :approve:

That goes on the list of remembrances next to "first steps!"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix and Silicon Waffle
At the entrance of the vaccination office: "TB or not TB, that is the question".
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: cnh1995 and nuuskur
WWGD said:
At the entrance of the vaccination office: "TB or not TB, that is the question".
That is clever :D
 
cool-sink-door-life-questions.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mfb, xunxine, Jonathan Scott and 1 other person
BWAWAAHH! That's not lame, that made me laugh out loud!
 
Last edited:
WWGD said:
At the entrance of the vaccination office: "TB or not TB, that is the question".

Tubby, or not Tubby, fat is the question.
 
Most of the jokes on this thread are not truly lame.

A truly lame joke is one that simply comes to one at some dull moment, as when I was getting off an elevator last night. It is more of a joke that should not even be said.. But I'll say it anyway:

Q: What did Bach say in a previous life?
A: "I'll be Bach."

::takes a deep bow::
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Silicon Waffle and nuuskur
What's purple and commutes?

An abelian grape.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dkotschessaa
Some of Beethoven's contemporaries were visiting his grave after his death when they heard some really strange music... they pondered this and tried to understand it, when one of them said "Oh, it's his 7th symphony played backward... he's decomposing!"
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: cnh1995, xunxine, Sophia and 2 others
Some more groaners... and these are courtesy of my ex girlfriend's best friend, who really wasn't terribly bright... they aren't quite jokes, but they are sure groaners.

One day she was really thirsty... and she said she was 'perched'.
Another time she took a shower, and afterward she said she felt 'rejubilated'
 
jtbell said:
Which door would you choose?

71cb7043679563728d18176f9b1f4a5f.jpg
You can do the same joke with Hamlet's pencil.
 
mfb said:
But "AB" are not two B.
...is not two B? Ain't not two B? Be not two B?
mfb said:
B{2}|.[^B]|[^B].
I knew there was a better one than mine.
mfb said:
Or, shorter: ..
Heh. :biggrin:
 
What's the difference between a hippo and a Zippo?
One is heavy and the other is a little lighter.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Drakkith, davenn and DaveC426913
Q: Two cats were crossing a river - one named 'One Two Three' and the other named 'Un Deux Trios'. Which one made it?
A: 'One Two Three' - because the Un Deux Trois Cat Sank.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Rx7man, Enigman, Sophia and 2 others
Enigman said:
Two wrongs don't make a Right but Three Rights Do Make a Left .

Even more succinct:

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
 
lendav_rott said:
That is so good, OCD and Paranoid made my day :D
Excuse me. It's actually CDO.
Same as OCD, just with the letters in the right order.
As. They. Should. Be.
 
DaveC426913 said:
Excuse me. It's actually CDO.
Same as OCD, just with the letters in the right order.
As. They. Should. Be.
Yeah, I never understood what the big fuss with novels is all about. I much prefer dictionaries, where the same words are in alphabetical order :wink:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Rx7man, Sophia, CalcNerd and 1 other person
DrClaude said:
Yeah, I never understood what the big fuss with novels is all about. I much prefer dictionaries, where the same words are in alphabetical order :wink:
This is not a lame joke. This is science history. Hooke published his eponymous law this way at first, in Latin.
 
Ibix said:
...is not two B? Ain't not two B? Be not two B?

Guess that's the question then huh?

Some would say, YEP

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them. To die
 
You and I are like parallel lines.
We have so much in common, but we will never meet.
:frown:

It's either lame or sad. I don't know.