Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,335 replies · 3M views
mfb said:
Take the geometry of a sphere, then all lines meet :).
Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog.

You may learn something.

But the frog dies.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: CalcNerd and Sophia
Physics news on Phys.org
One for mathematicians.

Q: What's the difference between a crocodile?
A:
Between a crocodile and what?
Q:
Between a crocodile.
A:
I don't know.
Q:
The longer the bite!
Q:
And what's the difference between a hippo?
A:
The heavier the ? I don't know.
Q:
Well, you can't know. The hippo has no difference.
Q:
And what's the difference between a crocodile and a hippo?
A:
Tell!
Q:
Easy: the crocodile has a difference and the hippo has not.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sophia and Silicon Waffle
Did you hear Donald Trump vowed to ban selling pre-shredded cheese if he becomes President?

He wants to make America grate again.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Rx7man, DrClaude, collinsmark and 2 others
Waiter! Waiter! There's a hare in my salad.

Oh! Thankyou, sir. We will put him back in his cage.
 
german.children.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1oldman2 and mfb
Why do cows have hooves instead of feet?
Because they

lactose.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sophia, dkotschessaa, davenn and 1 other person
What's the difference between Dubai and Abu Dhabi?

Dubai don't watch The Flintstones.
But Abu Dhabi do!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and davenn
From Historian Mary Beard, (awesome lady) I recently learned that many jokes from Ancient Rome are preserved Perhaps lame by today's standards, though I rather like them:

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2009/mar/13/roman-joke-book-beard

...Beard's favourite joke is a version of the Englishman, Irishman, Scotsman variety, with a barber, a bald man and an absent-minded professor taking a journey together. They have to camp overnight, so decide to take turns watching the luggage. When it's the barber's turn, he gets bored, so amuses himself by shaving the head of the professor. When the professor is woken up for his shift, he feels his head, and says "How stupid is that barber? He's woken up the bald man instead of me."

My favorite:
Another "identity" joke sees a man meet an acquaintance and say "it's funny, I was told you were dead". He says "well, you can see I'm still alive." But the first man disputes this on the grounds that "the man who told me you were dead is much more reliable than you".
 
Have you heard about the name of the new Indiana Jones movie with Harrison Ford?

Raiders of the Lost AARP
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: CalcNerd, Pepper Mint, OmCheeto and 1 other person
jtbell said:
Have you heard about the name of the new Indiana Jones movie with Harrison Ford?

I had to google the meaning of the acronym ;)
 
When chemists die, they barium.

Saw this while surfing the net. It's supposed to be a pun, but I don't get it. Been thinking for a while, still nothing. Looks like my General Chemistry I and II aren't enough for me to get this.
 
Psinter said:
:woot: Aaaaaaaaaaa! It's not lame anymore. :biggrin:
It so is. Somewhere upthread, there's a picture of Chemistry Cat (a Blofeld type furry cat in glasses and a labcoat) telling it, which is even lamer.
 
Ibix said:
It so is. Somewhere upthread, there's a picture of Chemistry Cat (a Blofeld type furry cat in glasses and a labcoat) telling it, which is even lamer.
:oldlaugh: Chemistry cat gives lots of lame lols. Just googled Chemistry Cat and found:

Tell me a sodium joke.

And

b92b1b05c5396f3983045b529d1453a0.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sophia and Pepper Mint
What can I say ? the youngest at that time now reached late 40s and all others middle to late 50s. But true, Na has always been an exciting chemical element to play with in high school, from which kind of sick but beautiful concoctions can be obtained by multiple reactions with not one, but many other metals.
 
Googling for philosoraptor is also a good source of lame jokes - got that one from this thread too, I think.
 
Ibix said:
Googling for philosoraptor is also a good source of lame jokes - got that one from this thread too, I think.
So many lame jokes. Alright, I'll re-post this one that google threw at my face and go to sleep:

Source
CbNIgi6UkAAXotl.jpg
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dkotschessaa
I wanted to post another lame chemistry joke, but all the good ones Argon.

And have been since 2011.[/size]
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Samy_A, davenn and CalcNerd
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdJ9zOdWIAAUBdA.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 256bits, davenn and Ibix
Ibix said:
Knock knock.
Who's there?
Terwitter
Terwitter who?
I didn't know you spoke owl...
That reminds me.

What was the owl's telephone extension number?
2820
This assumes you pronounce "0" as "oh"

(That also works for PIN number.)
 
What does a chemist do when he's drilling for oil and hasn't found any yet?

Boron.