Collection of Science Jokes P2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4,104 replies · 526K views
1730998341716.png
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, phinds, gmax137 and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
You know the old saying

Bullshit, More Sh**, Piled higher and Deeper
 
Of all the places to have an accident. Luckily, it happened in photoshop world, not in the real world. That is the first time I have seen the banner advertisement painted on the top of a truck.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, mjc123 and phinds
Baluncore said:
That is the first time I have seen the banner advertisement painted on the top of a truck.
How often do you see the top of a truck though? 🤔
 
Baluncore said:
Of all the places to have an accident. Luckily, it happened in photoshop world, not in the real world. That is the first time I have seen the banner advertisement painted on the top of a truck.
Could be so that air traffic can see to keep out of the airspace above the Mentos lorry in case of a crash with a Coca-Cola lorry?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: gmax137 and BillTre
Orodruin said:
How often do you see the top of a truck though?
Whenever you cross a highway on a pedestrian bridge, or look down on the city from a high rise building.
"Google Earth" your favourite truck stop, or 41°37'8.32"N, 90°46'46.02"W.
 
Baluncore said:
Whenever you cross a highway on a pedestrian bridge, or look down on the city from a high rise building.
"Google Earth" your favourite truck stop, or 41°37'8.32"N, 90°46'46.02"W.
Lol, I wondered if you were going to reference the Iowa 80. I grew up in Davenport a few miles east.
 
Last edited:
Baluncore said:
or 41°37'8.32"N, 90°46'46.02"W
jbriggs444 said:
Lol, I wondered if you were going to reference the Iowa 80.

:oops:
 
jbriggs444 said:
I grew up in Davenport a few miles east.
I did 10 years in Devonport, 15 Mm, WSW of there.

The only thing I see painted on the top of the trailers is the company initials and a trailer ID number, and those are very sparse. I guess that makes it possible for security services to follow critical loads on the highway from a helicopter.
 
I always thought that since there were so many Russians on the show that it should be called "Dancing with the Tzars".
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and BillTre
berkeman said:
That hurts just looking at the picture. Twice now (over my lifetime) the soldering iron slipped -- maybe the cord getting caught on my elbow or something on the lab bench -- and to keep it from rolling off the table, or onto my lap, I grabbed it, but unfortunately I grabbed it in the wrong place. You would think once would be enough for me to permanently learn. But here we are.
 
collinsmark said:
That hurts just looking at the picture. Twice now (over my lifetime) the soldering iron slipped -- maybe the cord getting caught on my elbow or something on the lab bench -- and to keep it from rolling off the table, or onto my lap, I grabbed it, but unfortunately I grabbed it in the wrong place. You would think once would be enough for me to permanently learn. But here we are.
See, this is why I went into theory!
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman, phinds, DrClaude and 2 others
A classic PhD comic brought back to my attention recently:

1733596674277.png
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, DrClaude, AlexB23 and 2 others