Collection of Science Jokes P2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4,104 replies · 526K views
Hooray, I am at the absolute top of the Bell curve!
BellCurveInsult.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: EnumaElish, 256bits and fresh_42
Physics news on Phys.org
1ecccc8212fab07772002efa6557aa50.jpg


586b8947629d89bdcd692c352680615c--psychology-jokes-psychology-student.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, EnumaElish, Demystifier and 2 others
origin-of-dinosaurs-the-birth-of-a-dinosaur-21821242.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, Jonathan Scott, diogo_sg and 5 others
:biggrin:

Missing socks.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, EnumaElish, Demystifier and 5 others
Theorist A: I'm dating the most beautiful girl!
Theorist B: Really?!
Theorist A: Yes. She can be fully described by a single parameter.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman
The life of a graduate student is described by two sets of parameters:
From appartment to department and ... from adviser to budweiser
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1oldman2 and fresh_42
Forget the satellites and pictures allegedly taken from orbit. This is the most convincing argument ever:
19905389_2105709629516729_6613202927279922139_n.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, OCR, Demystifier and 5 others
Well, you'd think that. But have you ever wondered why does the flat Earth rest on the backs of four elephants, and not e.g. ducks, or armadillos?
The whole point of the four elephants, you see, is so that they may catch things pushed off by cats (with their trunks, doh) and put them back in.
As you can see, the flat Earth cosmology is far more robust than a layman might judge.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman and Stavros Kiri
Bandersnatch said:
But have you ever wondered why does the flat Earth rest on the backs of four elephants, and not e.g. ducks, or armadillos?
The whole point of the four elephants, you see, is so that they may catch things pushed off by cats (with their trunks, doh) and put them back in.
But everyone knows it's turtles all the way down! How good are turtles at catching things?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman and davenn
Einstein and three of his non-science friends are discussing:
Einstein: guys I discovered recently that the fastest thing in the world is light!
Friend1: I've always thought the fastest was a fast closing door ... I can never catch it.
Friend2: Gee guys no! The fastest thing ever is thought in the brain ...
Friend3: (laughing out loud) That's bs! You guys are all wrong! The fastest thing in the world is when you have the runs*! Last time it hit me I had no time at all to either think, close the door or turn on the light! ...

*diarrhea
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, DennisN and davenn
Ht5sYIJ.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, davenn, Borg and 2 others
abstruse-goose.gif
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, EnumaElish, mfb and 2 others
tumblr_ol1w8pbP6M1vjnqq2o1_400.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, EnumaElish, OCR and 2 others
Today's SMBC.

I love coffee, so I love this one. Note the reference to the golden ratio. Hee hee. :DD

1499957164-20170713%20(1).png

[Source: http://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/espresso]

[Edit: On a more detailed reading, I suspect Mr. Weinersmith might have meant to express the "Phicetto" as [itex]\frac{\mathrm{espresso \ + \ milk}}{\mathrm{milk}} = \frac{\mathrm{milk}}{\mathrm{espresso}}[/itex], given its location on the line. His original expression would have been correct if it was on the other side of "Antoccino." "A" for effort though.]
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, EnumaElish, fresh_42 and 1 other person
collinsmark said:
I love coffee, so I love this one.
You know, the first liter is the most important!

I'll never understand that milk thingy. The tough ones don't drink milk. They eat the cow.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman
What is the unit of time measuring how long it takes light to travel from the heel to the toe of a particular space-faring comic book character?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman
Not an answer, but something I noted:

I know how long a light-saber is, but I have never seen the time unit "saber" used anywhere.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman and DrGreg
Two scientists go into a bar.
One asks for a pint of beer and the other asks for a measure of vodka.
I forget the rest.
 
mfb said:
Not an answer, but something I noted:

I know how long a light-saber is, but I have never seen the time unit "saber" used anywhere.
Gives me an idea: Next time someone asks how tall I am, I'll answer 6ns.
 
jambaugh said:
What is the unit of time measuring how long it takes light to travel from the heel to the toe of a particular space-faring comic book character?
A buzz-year?
 
A light-second (,-minute, -year) is a unit of length. A light-kilometer(,-meter, -foot) is a unit of time. The "light" is the respective multiplication or division by c to transpose the unit type.

Assuming Flash Gordon has a foot of length 0.98357105643045 US ft long then this time unit will be 1 nanosecond. And of course the speed of light is 1x10^9 Gordon Feet per second.

And I so declare ... <with the tune of "The wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald" playing in the background> ... that this IS the length of Flash Gordon's Feet and thus we should adopt a new standard for US measure, The Gordon Foot and the Gordon Lightfoot!
(3 Gordon Lightfeet to a Gordon Lightyard, 1/12 a Gordon lightfoot to the Gordon light inch... but we can just call it 1/12 nanoseconds. :)And since "Gordon Lightfoot" is a bit unwieldy we can just call that 1 nanosecond unit a "Flash".
"Honey, just going for cigarettes, be back in a Giga-Flash!"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman and OCR