College Physics Problem Genesis Mission

In summary, the question asks for the average rate at which the 210-kg Genesis Mission Capsule did work on the desert when it crashed at a speed of 311 km/h and buried itself 81.0 cm deep. The provided equation for solving this type of problem is W = F*d = m * a *d, and additional help is suggested in the form of the equation v2=v20+2aΔx.
aamartineng17
Physics Question

When the 210-Kg Genesis Mission Capsule Crashed with a speed of 311 Km/h, it buried itself 81.0 cm deep in the desert floor.
Assuming constant acceleration during the crash, at what average rate did the capsule do work on the desert?

Given: m = 210 kg Find W =?

vo = 311 km /h = 86.4 m/s

x = 81.0 cm = 0.81 m

I know the following equation: W = F*d = m * a *d

*Note: I am stuck on this Solving this type of Physics Problem, could somebody please provide me some insight on how to calculate this problem. I would really appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Try adding v2=v20+2aΔx to your arsenal and attack it again ...

Last edited:

What is the "College Physics Problem Genesis Mission"?

The "College Physics Problem Genesis Mission" is a research project that aims to develop a comprehensive database of college-level physics problems that can be used by students and educators for learning and teaching purposes.

Who is involved in the "College Physics Problem Genesis Mission"?

The "College Physics Problem Genesis Mission" is a collaborative effort between a team of scientists, educators, and experts in the field of physics and education. It is supported by various institutions, including universities and scientific organizations.

Why is the "College Physics Problem Genesis Mission" important?

The "College Physics Problem Genesis Mission" is important because it provides a valuable resource for students and educators to access a wide range of physics problems that are relevant and challenging. It also promotes collaboration and innovation in the field of physics education.

How will the "College Physics Problem Genesis Mission" benefit students?

The "College Physics Problem Genesis Mission" will benefit students by providing them with a diverse selection of physics problems to practice and enhance their understanding of the subject. It also encourages critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

How can educators use the "College Physics Problem Genesis Mission"?

Educators can use the "College Physics Problem Genesis Mission" as a tool to supplement their teaching materials and create engaging and challenging physics problems for their students. They can also use it as a source of inspiration for developing new teaching strategies and approaches.