1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Conservation of momentum and Moment of Inertia

1. Jun 7, 2017 #1
    Hello everyone,
    I'm needing help understanding how to take the conservation of momentum equation and substitute moment of inertia inplace of mass in the equation. I understand this is a linear equation and i'm trying to incorporate angular momentum. I just want to determine the speed of the ball and bat swing using the moi of the baseball bat. Can someone help me get started? Thanks --Roy

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2017 #2

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hello Roy, :welcome:

You could start off by stating a clear case to begin with. Not clear at all what you are looking at: 'the equation' is mentioned but reader has no idea. Cold you be a bit more elaborate ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2017
  4. Jun 8, 2017 #3

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

5. Jun 8, 2017 #4
    Sweet. Thanks for the direction.
    If you read in my introduction thread I'm ready to learn and teach myself but I just need some direction. I'm not looking for you guys/gals to do this for me. Thanks again. Any help is appreciated.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted