Controlling Raman spectrometer Horiba T64000 with labview

In summary, the individual is asking if anyone has successfully controlled the Horiba spectrometer T64000 with Labview using an activx container. They are seeking examples or tips on how to do so as they are unsure where to start. They also mention checking the websites of Horiba and NI for any existing VI for the instrument.
luanadcf
Hello! How are you? I am working in the photonics Lab in my university and I was wondering if has anyone ever tried to controll the horiba spectrometer T64000 with Labview. I know there is a way to do that with activx container. I was just wondering if that works. If it does, do you have any examples of VIs or tips to do that? I have no idea about where to start.

luanadcf said:
Hello! How are you? I am working in the photonics Lab in my university and I was wondering if has anyone ever tried to controll the horiba spectrometer T64000 with Labview. I know there is a way to do that with activx container. I was just wondering if that works. If it does, do you have any examples of VIs or tips to do that? I have no idea about where to start.
Welcome to the PF.

What have you found at the Horiba and NI websites? Is there a VI already defined for that instrument?

1. How can I control the Horiba T64000 Raman spectrometer with Labview?

The Horiba T64000 Raman spectrometer can be controlled with Labview through the use of a custom interface and software provided by the manufacturer. This software allows for easy integration of the spectrometer into Labview and enables users to control and acquire data from the instrument.

2. Is it possible to automate data acquisition with Labview and the Horiba T64000?

Yes, it is possible to automate data acquisition with Labview and the Horiba T64000 Raman spectrometer. The custom interface and software provided by the manufacturer allows for the creation of automated scripts and programs to control the instrument and acquire data.

3. Are there any limitations to controlling the Horiba T64000 with Labview?

While Labview offers a powerful platform for instrument control, there may be some limitations when controlling the Horiba T64000 Raman spectrometer. These limitations may include compatibility issues with different operating systems, software versions, or certain features of the instrument that may not be accessible through Labview.

4. Can Labview be used for data analysis of Raman spectra acquired with the Horiba T64000?

Yes, Labview can be used for data analysis of Raman spectra acquired with the Horiba T64000. The custom software provided by the manufacturer also includes data analysis tools, but Labview offers a flexible platform for users to develop their own analysis algorithms and routines.

5. Is there any support available for using Labview with the Horiba T64000?

Yes, there is support available for using Labview with the Horiba T64000 Raman spectrometer. The manufacturer provides technical support and resources for integrating the instrument into Labview, and there are also online forums and communities where users can share tips and solutions for using Labview with scientific instruments.