Convert 110 house current to 12 v.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bits
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Convert Current
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
Bits
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I have a super winch 12 volt LP 8500 that I want to use using an inverter from my household current. The motor is 12volt 4.5 hp 3.3 kw.
I have tried to use a battery with my battery charger but the battery does not hold enough charge without have a vehicle that has an alternator.
Is there a good inverter that would allow me to use this winch without having to use a truck.
Thanks,

Bits
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Bits said:
I have a super winch 12 volt LP 8500 that I want to use using an inverter from my household current. The motor is 12volt 4.5 hp 3.3 kw.
I have tried to use a battery with my battery charger but the battery does not hold enough charge without have a vehicle that has an alternator.
Is there a good inverter that would allow me to use this winch without having to use a truck.
Thanks,

Bits

3.3kW is 30 Amps at 110Vrms. That's near the limit for a house branch circuit...