Convert mm/s to m/s for Electron Drift Velocity

• Thread starter prybrr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the formula for converting mm/s to m/s for Electron Drift Velocity is v = d/t, where v is the velocity in m/s, d is the distance traveled in meters, and t is the time in seconds. To convert mm/s to m/s, divide the velocity in mm/s by 1000. A calculator can be used for this conversion. This conversion is necessary to express the velocity in a more commonly used unit of measurement and to compare with other velocities. Other units of velocity can also be converted to m/s, using the correct conversion factor.
prybrr
I wanted to know how to covert mm/s to m/s. This units are associated with the drift velocity of electrons.

Physics news on Phys.org
prybrr said:
I wanted to know how to covert mm/s to m/s. This units are associated with the drift velocity of electrons.

...divide by 1000. There are 1000 millimeters in a meter ("m" stands for "milli"). In general, you can do unit conversions on google or http://qonos.princeton.edu/nbond/unicalc/calculator.php .

Last edited by a moderator:
Do a "factor label method"

[tex]\frac{mm}{s}*\frac{1 meter}{1000 mm}[/tex]

Then cross out the mm's.

Jameson

Related to Convert mm/s to m/s for Electron Drift Velocity

1. What is the formula for converting mm/s to m/s for Electron Drift Velocity?

The formula for converting mm/s to m/s for Electron Drift Velocity is: v = d/t, where v represents the velocity in m/s, d represents the distance traveled in meters, and t represents the time in seconds.

2. How do I convert mm/s to m/s for Electron Drift Velocity?

To convert mm/s to m/s for Electron Drift Velocity, divide the velocity in mm/s by 1000. For example, if the velocity is 500 mm/s, the conversion would be 500/1000 = 0.5 m/s.

3. Can I use a calculator to convert mm/s to m/s for Electron Drift Velocity?

Yes, you can use a calculator to convert mm/s to m/s for Electron Drift Velocity. Simply enter the velocity in mm/s and divide it by 1000 to get the velocity in m/s.

4. Why do we need to convert mm/s to m/s for Electron Drift Velocity?

Converting mm/s to m/s for Electron Drift Velocity allows us to express the velocity in a more commonly used unit of measurement. It also makes it easier to compare with other velocities that are measured in m/s.

5. Can I convert other units of velocity to m/s for Electron Drift Velocity?

Yes, you can convert other units of velocity to m/s for Electron Drift Velocity. Just make sure to use the correct conversion factor for the specific unit of measurement. For example, to convert cm/s to m/s, divide the velocity by 100.