Find the Intersection Point of a Line and Plane: Step by Step Guide

• Thread starter lakitu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Coordinate
In summary, the conversation is about someone needing help with their homework on finding coordinates and a suggestion to plug in the given expressions into the plane definition to solve for t and then use that value for x, y, and z in the line definition.
lakitu
coordinate help please :)

Hi i just got my home work but don't know where to start. Any help on this just to get me started would be great:) I want to make sure I am doing it right

Thank you

Work out the coordinates where this line meets this plane.

Line x = -4 t + 4, y = -4 t + 6, z = 5 t + 5 and plane 4 x - 2 y + 6 z = 78.

Physics news on Phys.org
Plug your expressions for x,y,z into the plane definition. You now have an equation (linear) for t. Solve for t and plug it into your x,y,z definitions for the line.

hey thank you for replying i will give that a go :)

1. What is coordinate help?

Coordinate help refers to assistance and guidance in understanding and using coordinates, which are sets of numbers used to locate a point in space. This can include Cartesian coordinates, geographic coordinates, or any other system used to define position.

2. Why do I need coordinate help?

Coordinates are used in a variety of scientific fields, such as geography, astronomy, and engineering, to accurately describe and locate objects and points in space. Understanding how to use coordinates is essential for conducting research and making accurate measurements.

3. How do I read coordinates?

The format for reading coordinates may vary depending on the system being used. In general, coordinates consist of a series of numbers or symbols that represent a specific location. For example, Cartesian coordinates often use a combination of x, y, and z values to pinpoint a point in space.

4. What are the different types of coordinates?

There are many different systems of coordinates used in science, each with its own set of rules and conventions. Some common types include Cartesian coordinates, geographic coordinates (latitude and longitude), polar coordinates, and spherical coordinates. Each system has its own unique way of defining and locating points in space.

5. How can I improve my understanding of coordinates?

The best way to improve your understanding of coordinates is to practice using them in various contexts and to seek out resources and tutorials that explain the different systems in detail. Additionally, working with a mentor or tutor who is knowledgeable in coordinate systems can also be helpful in improving your understanding.