Copenhagen: Restriction on knowledge or restriction on ontology?

No reality until observed.
It doesn't really say that, does it? The particles are in two states at the same time, that's not the same as not existing. We may call it that due to the law of contradiction, but it really is just as much external reality just weirder, if true.

Demystifier
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
How do you mean that nobody can disbelieve free will in practise?
We all think that we can do something (e.g. make discussions on this forum) if we decide so.

We all think that we can do something (e.g. make discussions on this forum) if we decide so.
And we do. It is an illusion however that we could have done otherwise. but we still made a personal decision decided by our biological brain states. It is our actions.

You could always complain about the fact that you were determined to do X instead of Y. But i don't see which world view get's you out of the deterministic rabbit hole. You could might as well complain that you are randomly determined to do X instead of y

Demystifier
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
It is an illusion however that we could have done otherwise.
Yes, but the illusion is so strong that nobody really thinks that way when one is doing something.

DarMM
Science Advisor
Gold Member
No reality until observed.
I think it would be more accurate to say no values for observables until observation. That is not the same as denying reality.

I think it would be more accurate to say no values for observables until observation. That is not the same as denying reality.
Perhaps plural values is more accurate. There are values, they just aren't fixed.

DrClaude
Mentor
Thread closed pending moderation.