Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Could TIME or the age of matter be a factor?

1. Feb 11, 2012 #1
    Could "TIME" or the age of matter be a factor?

From my very basic "understanding" of particle physics and our search for hidden particles something keeps nagging at me; is it possible that quantity/quality of particles/boson are tied to time? In other words can the absolute age of any particular piece of matter such as when that particle was actually formed after the big bang determine the strengths of force/bond? IE: "Matter" that we have in our area of the universe is "younger" than matter in the area/time of the center of the big bang. And could the ultimate "aging" of matter account for the matter/anti matter disparity?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2012 #2

Bill_K

Science Advisor

Re: Could "TIME" or the age of matter be a factor?

No. Electrons do not know what time it is. Every indication is that the laws of physics, including the fundamental constants and the particle properties, are precisely the same today as they have always been, as far back in time as we can see.

4. Feb 24, 2012 #3

so that's mean all of the particle as we know today.
    have a same characteristic as long as it's form ?

5. Feb 25, 2012 #4

So, you are saying that "everything" was created at what is called The Big Bang" and nothing ages? So "everything" just maybe changes states... energy to matter, matter to energy; around and around.

It seems to me that if what I think you are saying is true, then time or aging is not, was not and never will be a factor in the actual physicallity of particles of any types. Kinda makes me wonder what does time have to do with physics at all.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook