Cover songs versus the original track, which ones are better?

  • Thread starter Thread starter pinball1970
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Track
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2,607 replies · 201K views
Hey @Hornbein and others who might be interested - related to post #816 -
Rolling Stones made another piece of music from which Honky Tonk Woman directly came from originally, and well worth hearing, called Country Honk. VERY Different instrumentally and rhythmically from Honky Tonk Woman.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
And then there was the original (genre) Honky Tonk. Actually before my time.
 
Last edited:
And another cover from Top Radio 93.5 FM Bangkok:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, difalcojr and DennisN
morrobay said:
And another cover from Top Radio 93.5 FM Bangkok:

Fun fact: A tropical house version by German DJ/remixer Freischwimmer was released in 2015. This version reached number one on the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart in its February 13, 2016 issue. "Dreamin" had never before hit No. 1 on any ranking, making this version the first in its nearly 50-year history to reach the top spot on a Billboard chart. (English Wikipedia page)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and DennisN
Better than the orig (which I don't recommend).

Anastacia - I’m Outta Love (by Andreea Munteanu)​


Proud produce of Romania

 

​

Andreea Munteanu sings Someday I'll Be Saturday Night great but is so small she doesn't have the voice for it. So a little technological help for a bigger sound.



Here's the orig. by Bon Jovi

 
Not bad for White girls.
 
My favorite drummer shows what he's got. Dig the singer too.

Dennis Chambers, What Is Hip



South Korean Dance Version

 
Last edited:
.
 
Last edited:
morrobay said:
.

They never fail to rock. First time I was ever able to understand the lyrics. Dig the Chuck Berry style solo.

On stage Iggy Pop once broke a bottle then dived on the shards. Bleeding profusely from the chest, they took him to the hospital. He survived.
 
pinball1970 said:
Which songs were performed, arranged or produced better in a cover than the original version?
The one that amazed me was Dolly Parton's bluegrass version of Collective Soul's hard rock song "Shine". I'm not a fan of country music, but honestly, it's difficult for me to decide which I like better.

Compare them yourself:
It helps that her backup band (Nickel Creek) seems to be really into the song.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hornbein and pinball1970
Anachronist said:
The one that amazed me was Dolly Parton's bluegrass version of Collective Soul's hard rock song "Shine". I'm not a fan of country music, but honestly, it's difficult for me to decide which I like better.

Compare them yourself:
It helps that her backup band (Nickel Creek) seems to be really into the song.
I'll check them out thanks
 
Dolly has a recent album entirely of rock covers. They're pretty good. There's one about picking up a 17 year old.