Hornbein
Gold Member
- 4,253
- 3,378
Grace Bowers
I'm one of the three!Hornbein said:"The jazzman plays a thousand chords for three people. The rock band plays three chords for a thousand people."
I used to like it. I've listened to a hell of lot of music since then. You get tired of the same old thing.pinball1970 said:I'm one of the three!
With a qualifier, I like rock but three chord stuff bores me.
pinball1970 said:Red Spandex outfit was never going to end well! Started out ok, she is playing a Ricky which is always cool.
Three cool dudes at the back however.....roller skater fella just killed me! That was a thing in the 70s, roller disco!
Wonderfully awful :)
Hornbein said:Grace Bowers

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_VacantWikipedia said:According to bassist Glen Matlock, the song's main riff was inspired by hearing "SOS" by ABBA.
morrobay said:Ska - Watermelon Man .
Byron Lee & The Dragonaires. Sure glad I got this retro FM radio and getting: 'Top News Radio .93.5 FM in Pattaya* with this Brit DJ playing stuff never heard before. The station says it is an international music platform? Not sure how this works: Is music streaming online all over the world, and then channeled to local venues?
(I only noticed this post just now.) I agree, it's not very good, (meaning: not up to MC's usual standard).pinball1970 said:This is not very good, it is out of her range, her tone is weird in places (probably due to the range) and the guitar solo is awful. Did he not learn vibrato? Could he have not changed to a strat for this?
You need the harmony too and she cuts it short.
Yeah I like MC's version of Jolene too -- in part because her accent fits the song. Did you see the video where she surprises a NY city subway audience by suddenly appearing there in disguise with Jimmy Fallon (also in disguise)?pinball1970 said:[...] This is my second MC, the first being Jolene.
