Hornbein
Gold Member
- 4,253
- 3,381
Eva Cassidy --Songbird
pinball1970 said:I didn't know he could play!
Hornbein said:
fresh_42 said:Given that surname, I have to mention the godfather of European Jazz:
and to stay on topic, a cover of it:
Hornbein said:
pinball1970 said:Over 2000 posts so I may have posted this previously.
Ray Davies wrote this but never officially released it.
The arrangement is just perfect, the tune, her voice, those minor 9ths, that horn line. Beautiful.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Go_to_Sleep
The Kinks never formally recorded the song. Band biographer Johnny Rogan considers the lack of a Kinks recording strange, since the material they recorded around the same time was "obviously inferior".[ Davies's demo remained unreleased until April 1998, when it appeared as a bonus track on the CD remaster of Kinda Kinks. Sanctuary Records later included it on the 2014 box set The Kinks Anthology 1964–1971.
robphy said:#1,702
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Final_Countdown_(song) (1986)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe_(band)
many covers (including one-man covers)