Cover songs versus the original track, which ones are better?

  • Thread starter Thread starter pinball1970
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Track
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2,607 replies · 201K views
BWV said:
Better?

It got better. After the stylophone that is. The drummer had a nice Ludwig.

 
Physics news on Phys.org
These girls and this Austrian band renewed my faith
 
What is great about this singer is she seems to be able to morph into each song so that it sounds very natural to her, like it was written for her. That takes feel, a musical ear and awareness not just a voice.

 
pinball1970 said:
It got better. After the stylophone that is. The drummer had a nice Ludwig.


 
By golly the Stylophone is alive and well. They can be seen here at the NAAM show demonstrating their newest product.



Since 1968 bringing you the finest in pocket synthesizers.
 
Last edited:


I say the cover is better. Your milage may vary.
 
Last edited:
This confused me. They had all the instruments to make this fantastic plus singers but decided to turn into elevator music.

 
pinball1970 said:
I like this one


A worthy successor to The Fifth Dimension. It is my belief that The Philippines has the greatest density of fine singers of any nation.

I just learned that The Fifth Dimension met at a beauty pagent.



I used to have a collection of big band versions of Age of Aquarius. That's what was really going on in the 60's.
 
Hornbein said:
By golly the Stylophone is alive and well. They can be seen here at the NAAM show demonstrating their newest product.



Since 1968 bringing you the finest in pocket synthesizers.

....and voila techno was born!
 


Jazz guitarists make fun of him, say he's a showoff. Jealous losers they.
 
jack action said:
If you don't know me by now

by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes:

​


By Simply Red:

​

You missed one.

 
I've long wondered if there is an uncoverable song. I'd say no, but there are a few that no one has ever seriously tried to equal. Too much work for too little reward.



But for a two-person effort this is quite nice.

 
Last edited:
robphy said:


(2026) Maya Neelakantan (12 years old) - War Ensemble — Slayer | Guitar Riffs + Jeff Hanneman Solo Tribute

(Jan 31, 2026) Today is the legendary Jeff Hanneman’s birthday! Jeff Hanneman was the guitarist of Slayer. His songs have always been big inspiration to me especially when I got started on guitar when I was 6 yrs old. And his wife, Ms Kathryn Hanneman, gifted me the very special, one of a kind, first prototype of the Jeff Hanneman Tribute Series Guitar that was made just after he passed away. Today I am playing this guitar as a tribute to him and we should all take the time to remember this legendary guitarist.
 
Last edited:
Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine. Soul is not 100% my thing, nor is R&B, but the old-school stuff is good.

Original [Pop] (1970s):


Cover [R&B] (1990s):


What songs do you want covered? Would be nice if someone could cover Goldie - Making Up Again.
 
Hornbein said:

The same four completely unnecessary ornaments in 40 seconds!?? Every damn female pop singer seems to do it on every good cover, songs they could never write in their wildest hallucinations.
Do they think they are improving those tunes? Seriously?
Hated it. Absolutely hate it and all like it.