Creating polls in Career Guidance section

• Bug
  • Thread starter StatGuy2000
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the inability to add a poll in the Career Guidance section of a forum and the possibility of it being a bug. It is clarified that this is not a bug, but a feature to prevent personal information from being shared. It is suggested that this may be more sensitive in the Career Guidance section. The conversation ends with gratitude for the feedback.
StatGuy2000
Education Advisor
Hi there. I was trying to post a new thread with a poll in the Career Guidance section, but found that the "Add a Poll" option was not available.

I'm wondering if this is a bug within PF. I appreciate any feedback any of you can provide on this regard.

Physics news on Phys.org
StatGuy2000 said:
Hi there. I was trying to post a new thread with a poll in the Career Guidance section, but found that the "Add a Poll" option was not available.

I'm wondering if this is a bug within PF. I appreciate any feedback any of you can provide on this regard.
That's not a bug -- it's a feature!

I believe that the rationale for not allowing polls is to prevent personal information about members from being widely aired.

Mark44 said:
That's not a bug -- it's a feature!

I believe that the rationale for not allowing polls is to prevent personal information about members from being widely aired.

Thanks Mark44 for your quick response!

I find that curious, because in the General Section polls are allowed. Perhaps for Career Guidance, personal information is more sensitive?

At any rate, thanks again for the feedback!

What is the purpose of creating polls in the Career Guidance section?

The purpose of creating polls in the Career Guidance section is to gather insights and opinions from the community on various career-related topics. It allows for a more interactive and engaging way of exchanging information and provides valuable insights for individuals seeking career guidance.

How can I create a poll in the Career Guidance section?

To create a poll in the Career Guidance section, you can navigate to the "Create Poll" button and click on it. Then, provide a relevant question and add options for users to choose from. You can also add a description or an image to make your poll more engaging.

Can I customize the options for my poll in the Career Guidance section?

Yes, you can customize the options for your poll in the Career Guidance section. You can add as many options as you want and also include images or links to provide more context. Additionally, you can choose to make your poll multiple-choice or allow users to choose only one option.

How long will my poll be active in the Career Guidance section?

The duration of your poll in the Career Guidance section will depend on your preferences. You can choose to make it active for a specific period or keep it open-ended. However, it is recommended to keep your poll active for at least a week to gather a significant number of responses.

How can I view the results of my poll in the Career Guidance section?

To view the results of your poll in the Career Guidance section, you can click on the "View Results" button. This will display the total number of responses and the percentage of votes for each option. You can also see the individual responses and analyze the data to gain valuable insights.