1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

CS Vs CE

1. May 6, 2008 #1
    Who makes more money:bugeye:, because i love math and computers, but i am having a tough decision to choose which one i want to major in:confused:. I mean its not about the money but hey i want to live comfortable:biggrin:. And i love technology. :!!)

2. jcsd
  3. May 6, 2008 #2
    I don't think there's any noteworthy difference in incomes between CS and CE. You stand to make more money in whichever field you find you can best apply yourself in.

4. May 6, 2008 #3
    Feel free to do a forum search regarding this topic. I asked the same questions several weeks ago and received good answers. From the answers I got I concluded neither offers a significant advantage. You can probably get dual degrees if you wish. Both majors have huge overlap.

As far as money goes, I'd recommend not worrying about it. Starting salary with either degree won't be below $45k/yr I'd assume. Check out a few job search websites to get a better idea of what companies are offering for "X set of requirements." Hope this helps. Have fun!

Jordan Joab.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?