Cuasi-exact Integral equation for Pi(x)/x 2

In summary, the author solved a cuasi-exact integral equation for Pi(x)/x**2 in terms of eigenfunctions of a symmetric kernel. He is not sure if his work is helpful, and would like to know what 'causi exact' means and what the 'usual' integral equation pi(x) satisfies. The author is unsure if the kernel is valid for the space of functions that includes Pi(x). The author has provided a .pdf file of the formula for Pi(x) as an expansion by eigenfunctions of a symmetric kernel.
eljose79
Cuasi-exact Integral equation for Pi(x)/x**2

I thinks i have solved a cuasi exact integral equation for Pi(x)/x**2 expresing this function in terms of eigenfunctions of a symmetric kernel K(s,t)=nexp(-n**2(s-t)**2+s**2(t+s)/2**(5st)-1 form the usual integral equationfor Pi(x)

Log(R(5s))/5s=Int(0,infinite)Pi(t)/t(t**s-1) now my doubt if it this can be helpful or if it is done yet so i am waiting for your responses matt grime and others...i do not know if my work is helpful or if is good i have done my best this time i will put the .pdf soon.

Physics news on Phys.org
Until I see the proof I can't comment on the proof. I would like to know what 'causi exact' means, and what you conisder the 'usual' integral equation pi(x) satisfies. I know what li(x) is in integral terms but not pi(x). And in what sense are you using the word 'solved'? Last time it was to say that if you could calculate every prime then you could work out pi(x) from a series expanision, which is almost the antithesis of solved, to me. Given your commments on other mathematicians and journal editors I hope you'll excuse the less than flattering tone of this post.

One further point. You are using kernels. This usually requires some restriction to be placed on the kinds of functions in the function space. Note pi(x) isn't in L^2(R), so on what space of functions is this kernel valid.

Last edited:
Here is the formula for Pi(x) as an expansion by eigenfunctions of a symmetric kernel...hope it can be interesting...

Attachments

• pi(x) formula.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 271
try putting it in some other format than word which, whilst normally is just evil, is unspeajekably bad for maths.

i looked but it makes little sense owing to the typesetting in word.

i noticed several undefined objects and some result involving kernels on the function space of the real line that i do not recall, so please define them and prove they are vaild resp.

here is the zip in html format...hope you can understand now the theory.

Attachments

• pi(x) formula_archivos.zip
    28.9 KB · Views: 252
that's xml/html and still doesn't work for me. convert to a ps pdf or preferably dvi file which are the standards for mathematical articles

Related to Cuasi-exact Integral equation for Pi(x)/x 2

1. What is the Cuasi-exact Integral equation for Pi(x)/x 2?

The Cuasi-exact Integral equation for Pi(x)/x 2 is a mathematical formula used to calculate the value of Pi(x)/x 2, where Pi(x) represents the prime counting function and x represents any positive integer.

2. How does the Cuasi-exact Integral equation for Pi(x)/x 2 work?

The equation works by integrating the function Pi(x)/x 2 over a certain interval, usually from 2 to x. This integral is then approximated using numerical methods to obtain a value for Pi(x)/x 2.

3. What makes the Cuasi-exact Integral equation for Pi(x)/x 2 "cuasi-exact"?

The term "cuasi-exact" refers to the fact that the integral equation provides a very close approximation to the actual value of Pi(x)/x 2, but it is not an exact solution. This is because the prime counting function is a highly complex and unpredictable function, making it difficult to find an exact solution for Pi(x)/x 2.

4. How is the Cuasi-exact Integral equation for Pi(x)/x 2 different from other methods of calculating Pi?

The Cuasi-exact Integral equation is a more modern and efficient method for calculating Pi(x)/x 2 compared to other traditional methods such as the Sieve of Eratosthenes or the Prime Number Theorem. It also provides a more accurate result compared to these methods.

5. What are the applications of the Cuasi-exact Integral equation for Pi(x)/x 2 in the field of mathematics?

The Cuasi-exact Integral equation has various applications in number theory, specifically in the study of prime numbers. It is also used in cryptography and other fields that require accurate calculations of Pi(x)/x 2.