Current to voltage converter using opamp

In summary, a current to voltage converter using opamp is a circuit that utilizes an operational amplifier to convert an input current signal into an output voltage signal. It works by using a feedback resistor to convert the input current into a voltage drop that is amplified by the opamp. This type of converter has the advantages of high input impedance, low output impedance, and precise conversions, but it is limited by sensitivity to noise and a limited dynamic range. It differs from other current converters by offering greater versatility and control in the conversion process.
palasjn
i am trying to design a differential current to voltage converter using opamp
can anyone suggest me how i can implement that...or if anyone knows of any links where i can find the circuit...please let me know

thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi palasn, welcome to physics forums!
On your design query, have you tried searching the net?
I found a couple of current-to-voltage op-amp converters in pdf format on a web http://www.physics.ucdavis.edu/Classes/Physics116/Lab02_rev.pdf page.

Last edited:
In addition you might want to search Discover Circuits. They have 12,000+ circuit schematics.

What is a current to voltage converter using opamp?

A current to voltage converter using opamp is a circuit that converts an input current signal into an output voltage signal, typically using an operational amplifier (opamp). It is commonly used in electronic circuits to measure and regulate current levels.

How does a current to voltage converter using opamp work?

The opamp in the circuit acts as a transimpedance amplifier, which means it converts the input current into a proportional output voltage. This is achieved by using a feedback resistor, which converts the input current into a voltage drop that is amplified by the opamp. The output voltage is then proportional to the input current.

What are the advantages of using a current to voltage converter using opamp?

One advantage is that it provides a high input impedance, meaning it does not draw much current from the input signal source. It also has a low output impedance, allowing it to drive other circuit components with minimal signal loss. Additionally, it can provide precise and stable conversions, making it useful for measurement applications.

What are the limitations of a current to voltage converter using opamp?

A common limitation is that it is sensitive to noise, as any small fluctuations in the input current can result in significant changes in the output voltage. It also has a limited dynamic range, meaning it can only accurately convert a certain range of input currents into output voltages.

How is a current to voltage converter using opamp different from other types of current converters?

The use of an opamp in the circuit makes it more versatile and allows for greater control and precision in the conversion process. Other types of current converters, such as a resistor-based converter, may be simpler in design but may not provide the same level of accuracy and stability.