Exploring the Concept of Custom Titles: A Scientific Perspective

• Thread starter mattmns
  • Start date
In summary, contributor perks (custom title, science advisor ribbon, etc.) were removed when the science advisor ribbons were added.
mattmns
What exactly is a custom title?

Physics news on Phys.org
it's supposed to appear under your username (I think)

Well then why does no one seem to have one?

Only PF contributors get a custom title, and those appear on their profiles only.

They were removed from public view when the science advisor ribbons were added. You don't even get one if you don't have a ribbon.

Hmm...I forgot about those, but maybe that's something to fix with the upgrade. Either give them back to contributors or take it out of the description of contributor perks. I lean toward just permanently doing away with it since it really didn't add much. What do others think?

I loved those titles! I want them back. Mine was "older than dirt", Tsu's was "older than Evo", MIH's was "chocoltating". We used to send fun messages with those titles.

Evo said:
I loved those titles! I want them back. Mine was "older than dirt", Tsu's was "older than Evo", MIH's was "chocoltating". We used to send fun messages with those titles.
OMG! I had forgotten about chocoltating too! But I thought that was all in the "location" box. Geez, I must be getting old if my brain is getting this leaky!

I want to title :cry:

yomamma said:
I want to title :cry:
Alright then... I dub thee 'Sir Whinealot'.
<whaps yomamma upside the head with a sword>

*takes sword from danger*

*whacks danger from backside*

AND SHUT UP! :cry: :biggrin:

:smile: ...

... eh? :wink:

Someone help me out here... where exactly can one edit the custom title? :-p

hypnagogue said:
Someone help me out here... where exactly can one edit the custom title? :-p
(Physics Forums >) User CP > Edit Profile

Heh, yes, I'm going to sleep now :zzz:

Last edited:
I looked there, but all I see are options to edit (1) email & password, (2) date of birth, (3) homepage url, (4) instant messaging, (5) additional info: biography, location, interests, occupation, email username, and email server. Am I just missing something exceedingly obvious here?

It's just above 'date of birth' on mine, so maybe one of us is special.

Did you clear you cache? Do you have special mentor doo-hickies? I haven't the foggiest. :frown:

Well that's a pain in the butt! Thanks, I'll talk to Greg about this. Either that or I'm locked into my current custom title forever... spooky. :bugeye:

hypnagogue said:
Well that's a pain in the butt! Thanks, I'll talk to Greg about this. Either that or I'm locked into my current custom title forever... spooky. :bugeye:
Yes, you must catch a lot of flies that way. :eek:

honestrosewater said:
Yes, you must catch a lot of flies that way. :eek:
Nah, I use chopsticks for that.

hypnagogue said:
Nah, I use chopsticks for that.
Ooh, impressive.

Do we not have titles anymore? I can't see them, but the option appears in my profile. Am I the only one who doesn't see them anymore? Using Firefox 1.0.7

I was seeing them this morning, but not now. Using firefox 1.5 beta 1.

Yeah, Greg disabled them again.

awww...I was yomammalating

Isn't yomammalate something that you put on toast?:confused:

Related to Exploring the Concept of Custom Titles: A Scientific Perspective

1. What is a Custom Title?

A Custom Title is a phrase or word that appears below your username on certain online platforms, such as forums or social media. It is a way to personalize your profile and make it stand out from others.

2. How do I create a Custom Title?

The process for creating a Custom Title varies depending on the platform you are using. In most cases, you can go to your profile settings and look for an option to edit or customize your title. Some platforms may have restrictions on the length or content of your Custom Title, so make sure to check the guidelines before creating one.

3. Can I change my Custom Title?

Yes, in most cases you can change your Custom Title at any time. Simply go to your profile settings and look for the option to edit or customize your title. Keep in mind that some platforms may have limits on how often you can change your title or may require a certain level of participation before allowing you to do so.

4. What should I use as my Custom Title?

You can use anything you want as your Custom Title, as long as it follows the platform's guidelines and is appropriate. Many people choose to use a witty or clever phrase that reflects their personality or interests. Others may use a quote or inside joke. Ultimately, it is up to you to decide what you want your Custom Title to be.

5. Why should I use a Custom Title?

Using a Custom Title is a fun and easy way to personalize your online presence. It can help you stand out from others and make your profile more memorable. In some cases, having a unique Custom Title may also help you connect with others who share similar interests or sense of humor.