Cuttoff frequwncy for an x-ray tube

  • Thread starter Thread starter ladiebug511
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Tube X-ray
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
ladiebug511
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
How would you calculate the cutoff frequency of an x-ray tube operating at 44kV? I am using frequency = work function/h. I have (44000eV x 1.602E-19J)/1.626E-34 but my answer is wrong. I'm thinking that I converted kV to eV incorrectly, but I'm not sure.
Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
ladiebug511 said:
How would you calculate the cutoff frequency of an x-ray tube operating at 44kV? I am using frequency = work function/h. I have (44000eV x 1.602E-19J)/1.626E-34 but my answer is wrong. I'm thinking that I converted kV to eV incorrectly, but I'm not sure.
Thanks.

Your value for Planck's constant is wrong (that 1 should be a 6). Does that fix it?
 
hage567 said:
Your value for Planck's constant is wrong (that 1 should be a 6). Does that fix it?

Yes. Thanks for pointing out my stupid mistake :) Sometimes it just takes a fresh set of eyes.