What Caused Customer Servers in Dallas to Experience Outages?

• Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date
In summary, there was an issue with PF being unavailable, potentially due to high traffic related to the election. The server park was also down, but has since been powered back up. It is unclear why this occurred.
fresh_42
Mentor
Insights Author
2023 Award
Funny part is: Only customer servers had been affected. (As far as I could see, all of them.)

Would be interesting to know, whether it had something to do with the election. Traffic, maybe?

Physics news on Phys.org
I presume you're referring to the fact that PF was apparently unavailable for a while. Perhaps @Greg Bernhardt knows why. But it seems fine now.

Jonathan Scott said:
I presume you're referring to the fact that PF was apparently unavailable for a while. Perhaps @Greg Bernhardt knows why. But it seems fine now.
Yes. And the host's entire server park has been down. At least their number cycle, whereas the host's HP situated (elsewhere) wasn't.
I just wondered, if there was a connection to presumably intensive traffic today.

Server powered down and back up again. Not sure why.

1. What is the origin of the phrase "Dallas, we have a problem?"

The phrase "Houston, we have a problem" was actually said by astronaut Jack Swigert during the Apollo 13 mission in 1970. The movie "Apollo 13" changed it to "Houston" for dramatic effect.

2. Is "Dallas, we have a problem" a commonly used phrase in the scientific community?

No, "Dallas, we have a problem" is not commonly used in the scientific community. It is a popular phrase used in pop culture and media, but it is not a scientifically recognized phrase.

3. What does the phrase "Dallas, we have a problem" mean?

The phrase is used to indicate that something has gone wrong or there is a problem that needs to be addressed. It is often used in a humorous or exaggerated way.

4. Are there any specific instances where the phrase "Dallas, we have a problem" has been used?

Aside from the movie "Apollo 13," the phrase has been used in various other films, TV shows, and books. It has also been referenced in political speeches and in everyday conversations.

5. Is there any scientific significance to the phrase "Dallas, we have a problem"?

No, there is no scientific significance to the phrase "Dallas, we have a problem." It is simply a popular phrase that has been used in various forms of media and has become part of popular culture.