Dark Sun: Has Anyone Read It? Share Your Thoughts

In summary, "Dark Sun" by C.S. Friedman is a science fiction novel that takes place in a future where Earth is in a state of environmental crisis. A group of scientists must find a way to save the planet while also exploring themes of environmentalism, the consequences of humanity's actions, and the power of science and technology. The author, C.S. Friedman, is a well-known science fiction and fantasy writer, and "Dark Sun" is a standalone novel with a sequel. What sets it apart from other science fiction novels is its unique take on environmentalism and its complex characters and thought-provoking plot.
misskitty
Has anyone read Dark Sun by Richard Rhodes? If so what did you think of it?

~Kitty

Physics news on Phys.org
misskitty said:
Has anyone read Dark Sun by Richard Rhodes? If so what did you think of it?

~Kitty

I have it, and I liked it. It was the first account in the US of the Soviet H-bomb program, in addition to giving a lot of details of the familiar US drive to the H-bomb. Rhodes is an excellent reporter.

Kat123

I have not personally read Dark Sun, but I have heard great things about it. Many readers have praised Rhodes for his thorough research and engaging writing style. The book delves into the history of the development of nuclear weapons and the impact they have had on society. From the reviews I have read, it seems to be a thought-provoking and eye-opening read. I would love to hear from someone who has read it and get their thoughts on the book.

1. What is "Dark Sun" about?

"Dark Sun" is a science fiction novel written by C.S. Friedman. It is set in a future where Earth has been ravaged by environmental disasters, and a group of scientists must find a way to save the planet before it's too late.

2. Who is the author of "Dark Sun"?

The author of "Dark Sun" is C.S. Friedman. She is a science fiction and fantasy writer who has written numerous novels and short stories in these genres.

3. Is "Dark Sun" a standalone novel or part of a series?

"Dark Sun" is a standalone novel and is not part of a series. However, it has a sequel called "When True Night Falls" which continues the story of the characters introduced in "Dark Sun".

4. What are the main themes of "Dark Sun"?

The main themes of "Dark Sun" include environmentalism, the consequences of humanity's actions, and the power of science and technology in shaping our world. It also explores the relationships between humans and intelligent alien species.

5. What sets "Dark Sun" apart from other science fiction novels?

"Dark Sun" is unique in its approach to the topic of environmentalism and the role of science in solving global problems. It also features complex and well-developed characters, as well as a thought-provoking plot that will keep readers engaged until the very end.