Data Structures & Algorithms: Best Books for Mastery

In summary, for a good book on Data Structures and Algorithms, the following options are suggested: "Data Structures and Algorithms in C++" by Aaron Tanenbaum et. al., "Data Structures: A Pseudocode Approach With C" by Behrouz A. Forouzan and Richard F. Gilberg, "Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in C" by Mark Allen Weiss, and "Data Structures and Program Design in C" by Robert Kruse et. al. The last book is recommended for a focus on data structures, while Cormen's book is great for algorithms.
heman
Hi,
Can you please suggest me a very good book on Data Strucuture and Algorithms..I already have Cormen,but i am looking for more impressive book .

Computer science news on Phys.org
sedgewick...2 books part1-4 & part 5.

Data Structures and Algorithms in C++ by Aaron Tanenbaum et. al.
Data Structures and Program Design in C by Robert Kruse et. al.
Data Structures: A Pseudocode Approach With C by Behrouz A. Forouzan, Richard F. Gilberg
Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in C by Mark Allen Weiss

-- AI
P.S-> Personally i would suggest the last book, which deals mainly with data structures and Cormen is great for Algorithms

Last edited:

1. What are data structures and algorithms?

Data structures are ways of organizing and storing data in a computer, while algorithms are step-by-step procedures for solving problems using those data structures.

2. Why is it important to learn data structures and algorithms?

Data structures and algorithms are essential for efficient problem-solving and optimizing code performance. They also form the foundation of computer science and are used in various fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analysis.

3. What are the best books for mastering data structures and algorithms?

Some popular books for mastering data structures and algorithms include "Introduction to Algorithms" by Thomas H. Cormen, "Cracking the Coding Interview" by Gayle Laakmann McDowell, and "Data Structures and Algorithms Made Easy" by Narasimha Karumanchi.

4. How should I approach learning data structures and algorithms?

It is recommended to start with the basics, such as understanding fundamental data structures like arrays and linked lists, and then gradually move on to more complex data structures and algorithms. It is also important to practice implementing them in code to solidify your understanding.

5. Are there any online resources or courses for learning data structures and algorithms?

Yes, there are many online resources and courses available for learning data structures and algorithms. Some popular ones include Coursera's "Algorithms, Part I" course, Udemy's "Data Structures and Algorithms in Python" course, and free resources like GeeksforGeeks and HackerRank.