Practice DE Modeling for Rhinoceros Population

• Thread starter HeLiXe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Modeling
In summary: You've not explained how the growth rate is determined.2) You've not explained how the population size is determined.3) You've not explained how the equation relates to the problem.4) You've not graphed the function.5) You've not explained how your model would work in practice.6) You've not explained how the model would be affected by changing assumptions.In summary, your model does not seem to fit the given information.
I get a different solution too.

Physics news on Phys.org
I like Serena said:
Show your work?
I got a different solution...
(Perhaps I made a mistake! )
>_> I highly doubt you made a mistake. I will post my work a little later... right now I think I will start something on eigenvectors and the trace determinant plane as I have an exam on it tomorrow.
Redbelly98 said:
I get a different solution too.

Yikes! This means my calculus skills are just as bad as my DE skills -_- or maybe it's my algebra lol. I will post what I did later.

HeLiXe said:
>_> I highly doubt you made a mistake. I will post my work a little later... right now I think I will start something on eigenvectors and the trace determinant plane as I have an exam on it tomorrow.

I'm only a lowly practitioner of science... and does that mean you'll be starting new threads? :)

Last edited:
lol yes hopefully -_- I'm really happy that you guys are so patient with me. I'm having a really rough time this semester.