The decay into electron-positron has to proceed through two virtual photons, one leading to the e-p pair and the other being absorbed by one of the pair. This makes the pi-->e p
rate much slower than the two gamma decay.
If the term "forbidden" is used in the way it is used in beta decay, then the e-p is
"forbidden", as confirmed by the experimental rate.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving