What is the decay tree for b quarks from neutralino WIMP annihilation?

In summary, the conversation discusses the study of the soft neutrino spectrum from WIMP annihilation and the decay tree for the b-bbar channel. The speaker is having trouble finding information on Google or the Particle data group particle listing, but is directed to the pdg site for the information they need. They are also advised to look into hadronization and decay of B mesons, specifically through the LHCb experiment. The conversation concludes with an invitation to ask for more specific questions.
shahbaznihal
Hi,

I am studying the soft neutrino spectrum from WIMP annihilation in Earth through the b-bbar channel as a part of my research. Can some one please tell me what is the decay tree for the b-bbar from neutralino WIMP or just the decay tree of the b quark.

This seems like a simple information but I am unable to find it anywhere on Google or the Particle data group particle listing.

Physics news on Phys.org
shahbaznihal said:
Can some one please tell me what is the decay tree for the b-bbar from neutralino WIMP or just the decay tree of the b quark.

This seems like a simple information but I am unable to find it anywhere on Google or the Particle data group particle listing.

The b-bbar decay information is at the pdg site at this page. Go to the bottom. The b-bbar meson is called the upsilon:
http://pdg.lbl.gov/2012/tables/contents_tables_mesons.html

Thanks a bunch.

If your WIMPs annihilate and produce b-bbar-pairs, I would expect that those are unbound. It would be highly unlikely that the released energy just corresponds to some bound state (unless there is a physical reason I missed). So you probably want to look at hadronization and decay of B mesons (mainly B+ and B0 and their antiparticles). The LHCb experiment at the LHC at CERN is specialized to study those. Have a look at their work :).

There is no single decay, but some quite frequent decays, and some of them are easy to detect with particle detectors. If you have more specific questions, feel free to ask them.

1. What is a decay tree of bottom quark?

A decay tree of bottom quark is a visual representation of the possible ways in which a bottom quark can decay into other particles. It shows the possible decay pathways and the corresponding particles that are produced.

2. What is the importance of studying the decay tree of bottom quark?

Studying the decay tree of bottom quark can provide valuable information about the properties and behavior of the bottom quark. It can also help in understanding the fundamental interactions and processes that govern the behavior of particles at the subatomic level.

3. How is a decay tree of bottom quark created?

A decay tree of bottom quark is created through experimental observations and data analysis. Scientists use particle accelerators to produce bottom quarks and then study their decay patterns to create the decay tree.

4. What particles can a bottom quark decay into?

A bottom quark can decay into a variety of particles, including other quarks, leptons, and bosons. Some common decay products include up quarks, electrons, and neutrinos.

5. Can the decay tree of bottom quark change over time?

Yes, the decay tree of bottom quark can change over time as new experimental data is collected and analyzed. This can lead to a deeper understanding of the bottom quark and its interactions with other particles.