1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Deriving Bit Error Rates for different diveristy tecniques

1. Oct 22, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Using the normal distribution for different modulation techniques over rayleigh fading , we have to derive SNR values for different Diversity techniques such as selection combining, Equal Gain Combining and Maximal Ratio Combining.

Now for Non-coherent BPSK I have to derive the Bit Error Rate for different diversity techniques.

I have the Probability of the Bit Error Rate - i need to find how I can find the Bit Error Rate from this. Apparently it involves a sum of another term and then a double integral that would give us the BER.

Can someone point me in the right direction in finding this so called sum and what I have to integrate it with? What would I be integrating the second term by for the double integral, as It can't be Signal To Noise Ration (SNR) of the signal.

2. Relevant equations

The Probability of a Bit Error Rate was found in terms of SNR (gamma).

3. The attempt at a solution

Too much to type up here.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?