Designing a 28V --> 200V power converter

In summary, the conversation revolves around designing a circuit with a 28V input and a 200V output with 20A, requiring an inverter. The input amperage is significantly high and could potentially be hazardous, leading to the suggestion of buying a ready-made product instead. The thread has been temporarily closed for moderation due to the potential danger involved.
core7916
This topic is too dangerous for you when you have so little electronics experience
I need to design a circuit which takes around 28V of input and outputs the 200v with 20A. Can any one help me.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

core7916 said:
I need to design a circuit which takes around 28V of input and outputs the 200v with 20A. Can any one help me.
You need an inverter.
I assume the 28 V is DC, but is the output AC or DC ?
The output will give 20 * 200 = 4 kW.
The input current will be 4000 / 28 = 142.85 amps.

What in the world are you building that requires 20 amps and 4 kW of power?? And your input amperage is more than my entire house can pull from the mains! How are you powering the input? You can't just plug this into the wall.

Likes Wrichik Basu
Your input is way above welding machines, and the output is at the level of the mains voltage.
In short: if you have to ask for help, then just don't begin at all.
Buy something ready, but be very careful even with that.

Likes DaveE
Thread closed temporarily for Moderation...

Because of the apparent lack of experience for the OP, especially in High Voltage / High Power circuits, this thread will remain closed as too dangerous.

1. How does a 28V to 200V power converter work?

A power converter works by converting electrical energy from one voltage level to another. In this case, the 28V input voltage is boosted to 200V through the use of electronic components such as capacitors, inductors, and transistors.

2. What is the efficiency of a 28V to 200V power converter?

The efficiency of a power converter is the ratio of output power to input power, expressed as a percentage. The efficiency of a 28V to 200V power converter can vary depending on the design and components used, but typically ranges from 80-90%.

3. What factors should be considered when designing a 28V to 200V power converter?

There are several factors to consider when designing a power converter, including the input and output voltage levels, desired output power, efficiency, size and weight constraints, and cost. Other factors may include the type of load the converter will be powering and any environmental conditions it will be operating in.

4. What are the safety considerations when designing a 28V to 200V power converter?

Safety is an important aspect to consider when designing a power converter. Some potential hazards to consider include electrical shock, fire, and electromagnetic interference. Safety features such as overcurrent protection, overvoltage protection, and thermal protection should be incorporated into the design to minimize these risks.

5. Can a 28V to 200V power converter be used in different applications?

Yes, a power converter can be used in a variety of applications, as long as the input and output voltage and power requirements are within the converter's capabilities. Some common applications for a 28V to 200V power converter include industrial equipment, medical devices, and renewable energy systems.