Detect infrared codes from the remote controller

In summary: However, because the codes are different for every air conditioner, it would be difficult to build a universal remote decoder that could work with all of them.
iii
I have in my home an air conditioner and his remote controller that control by IR communication so when I touch one command in the remote controller the led of the remote controller become to flick in one frequency for example 100 flickers per second and this say for example to the air conditioner to up the temperature by 1 degree of celsius and if I touch other button for example to change to cold mode so the led flick in other frequency for example 500 flickers per second, I have the air conditioner remote controller (the sender), the air conditioner (the receiver) and universal remote controller for air conditioners but I don't know the codes )the frequencies of the led for every command) so I want to find it or to discover it so my question is how I can do it?
Is exist one device that can detect the codes of the remote controller? if yes so I will glad if you can add a website about this

Engineering news on Phys.org
I do not think the sender and receiver communicate using the frequency of the "flicker". It most likely uses a protocol like RC5 for TV's. Because this is not a TV or other multimedia device I suspect the airconditioner uses the NEC IR protocol. Unfortunately this protocol is heavily patented and the codes are different for every device.
I don't know of any devices that can catch and display the code for you. But if you really want to figure out the codes of each command you could take an IR receiver diode and hook this up to an oscilloscope or digital analyzer. This method requires a lot of work though if you don't have the right equipment at hand.

Likes davenn
iii said:
I have in my home an air conditioner and his remote controller that control by IR communication so when I touch one command in the remote controller the led of the remote controller become to flick in one frequency for example 100 flickers per second and this say for example to the air conditioner to up the temperature by 1 degree of celsius and if I touch other button for example to change to cold mode so the led flick in other frequency for example 500 flickers per second, I have the air conditioner remote controller (the sender), the air conditioner (the receiver) and universal remote controller for air conditioners but I don't know the codes )the frequencies of the led for every command) so I want to find it or to discover it so my question is how I can do it?
Is exist one device that can detect the codes of the remote controller? if yes so I will glad if you can add a website about this

I did a google search on IR Remote Receiver Decoder, and got some good hits. Because the "Make" community is gaining popularity, and IR remote control is a part of that movement, there are a lot of tutorials on how to make such links and decode the data. Maybe do the search yourself and see if you find something simple that you can build to figure out the codes...

1. How does the remote controller detect infrared codes?

The remote controller uses an infrared (IR) transmitter to send out signals, which are then received by an IR receiver on the device being controlled. These signals contain specific infrared codes that are unique to each button on the remote.

2. Can any device detect infrared codes from a remote controller?

No, not all devices have an IR receiver. Only devices that are designed to be controlled by a remote will have an IR receiver to detect the infrared codes.

3. Is it possible to detect infrared codes from multiple remote controllers at the same time?

Yes, it is possible to detect infrared codes from multiple remote controllers at the same time. However, it requires advanced technology and specialized equipment to separate and decode the signals from each remote controller.

4. How accurate is the detection of infrared codes from a remote controller?

The accuracy of detecting infrared codes depends on the quality of the IR transmitter and receiver, as well as the distance and angle between them. Typically, these devices have a high accuracy rate and can detect codes from a few meters away.

5. Can infrared codes from a remote controller be intercepted or hacked?

Yes, it is possible for infrared codes to be intercepted or hacked. This is why some remote controllers use encryption to prevent unauthorized access. It is important to keep the remote controller and its codes secure to prevent any potential hacking.